PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for large disposable changing pads?

Rach3975
10-31-2005, 01:20 AM
I've been using the 20 x 30 inch disposable Huggies changing pads, but suddenly I'm having trouble finding them. I suspect they've been discontinued and replaced with the smaller size I'm seeing. The smaller size will be useless for changing my toddler, so I need to find something else. The 30 inch length of the Huggies is about the smallest I'd consider getting, since 2 year olds are long! I've seen a few long reusable changing pads at Buy Buy Baby, but they seem so bulky now that I'm used to the disposables. Any suggestions? Thanks!

LD92599
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Try the aisle w/ incontinence products for large waterproof pads. It's a lot cheaper too and many size options! They are usually called "disposable underpads."

Link below is for a pack of 10, 30" x 36" for $5.99. There's a bunch of size options.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=73862&catid=11583&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=11583&trxp2=73862&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

[img]http://lilypie.com/baby3/030305/1/2/0/-5/.png

Momof3Labs
10-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I usually use a receiving blanket (you can cut any piece of fabric to the size that you need, really) since it is easy to throw in the wash when we get home, and folds down very small. I'm not a fan of most reusable changing pads since they are harder to clean, but have used receiving blankets for 3 years quite happily!

daniele_ut
10-31-2005, 12:24 PM
I've been seeing the Huggies disposable pads at Big Lots recently, so you may be right about them being discountinued. A friend of mine had a great disposable changing pad idea, though. Her mom works in a dentist's office and gives her stacks of the blue drapes that they clip across your chest. They are just the right size and fold up small enough for the diaper bag. Not sure where the average person could get them, though!

Twin Mom
10-31-2005, 12:29 PM
I use incontinence pads too. They don't fold up quite as small as the Huggies pads, but they are a lot cheaper and padded so they work well.

julieakc
10-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Recently I started using an extra large lap pad for my changing pad. It's waterproof, provides a little padding on a hard surface, washable, but still takes up minimal space in the diaper bag. I don't know what the measurements are, but it's probbaly pretty close to 30".

supercalifragilous
10-31-2005, 07:12 PM
Another vote for incontinence pads. We got our "Underpads" @ Target and they're perfect for DD, who's always been on the tall side.

They also sell them @ the pet store (Petco, PetSmart, etc) and you can get them really cheap on sale. They're called puppy training pads or something like that. Just make sure to get the ones with no additives and no scent.

Rach3975
10-31-2005, 09:09 PM
For anyone else wondering, Huggies Customer Service confirmed that their larger changing pads have been discontinued and replaced with a smaller size.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been using a large lap pad for now, but I like being able to throw away a soiled changing pad. I'll check out the incontinence pads; they sound like a good substitute. Anyone know of anything else?

debbiet.
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Doggie wee wee pads? I bet they are $ though. All dog stuff is!
Deb

kcgirl
11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Just today at Big Lots, I saw a pack of Summer Infant changing pads in a pack of 12 for $2.99. They are 18" x 27", so not quite as big as the Huggies changing pads, but close, and the price is excellent! I also saw it on the kidsurplus.com website for $3.99.

http://www.kidsurplus.com/sip4314.html