PDA

View Full Version : Plane Travel Bag Needed

youngmommy
11-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Going to visit my parents next week. I'm flying with DD and I need a diaper bag for the flight. I would like to be using just one bag for all of my carry on stuff. Here's what we're looking at:

portable DVD player
sippy cup
snacks
diapers
wipes case
scented diaper disposal bags
changing pad
digital camera
perscription meds
small toys for the plane
trip summary and boarding passes
pacifier
stuff from my purse: drivers license, credit cards, cell phone,
some cash and change etc.

Plus i'm sure there are other things I've forgotten to list. I have been looking at the Timbuk2 Commute. I was thinking I could use the laptop area for my DVD player. Are there any other bags out there with a similar padded area for a portable dvd player?

Thanks.

jeminaal
11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Overland Equipment might have something for you:

http://www.overlandequipment.com/toplevel/products.htm
http://www.ebags.com/overland_equipment/skyscraper_messenger/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=13315

I have the Donner that I use as a purse/toddler bag, but they make other larger bags that might fit your needs...the "Trinidad" or "Skyscraper", perhaps?

The quality of these bags is excellent.

Good luck in your search.

youngmommy
11-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Wow! I love the looks of both the bags you suggested. I may have to call the company or one of their dealers to figure out which one would be best for me. Does anyone else have one of these bags?? Any reviews?

jeminaal
11-15-2005, 01:37 AM
The ebags website has reviews of the bags. My previous post has a link to the Skyscraper and here's the link to "Trinidad":

http://www.ebags.com/overland_equipment/trinidad_vertical_messenger/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=19703

HTH!

Ami
11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Check out Baby Sherpa (www.babysherpa.com) They have a padded pouch for a video camera that would hold your DVD player. A cooler for snacks and medication. Lots of pockets and pouches for other gear. It is a backpack so great for going through airports and fits under your seat. I tuck books into the diaper pad sleeve and hang toys from the toy loops. There is also a pacifier clip and bottle pockets. We were stranded for 2 hours on the tarmac at O'Hare airport last spring and I was so glad I had my Sherpa with me and the cooler jammed with snacks.

Have a great trip,

Ami

youngmommy
11-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Thankyou so much. I just placed an order for the new 2006 version of the Trinidad by Overland Equipment to use as my carryon. The customer service at Overland was fantastic. I spoke with them on the phone about 3 times today. The first lady I spoke with helped me decide on the Trinidad over the Skyscraper. She really seemed to know what she was talking about and had some great suggestions and advice. So here's my rave for Overland Equipment. Hopefully I'll remember to be nice and post pictures of the bag and a quick review after my trip.

youngmommy
11-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Wow, wow, and more wow. I called to confirm my order with Overland because I hadn't recieved an order confirmation e-mail yet and there's a time sensitivity on my order. (I'm flying out of town with DD on Monday, and I want my bag before then.) They told me that my bag had alredy shipped out today... which was amazing because I ordered it sortof late in the afternoon. Also, I paid for 3 day shipping to get it ontime, but they bumped it up to two day at their expense, probably because they knew I had a time sensitivity while I was placing the order. Major kudos to the company for their awesome customer service. I can only hope the bag is even better than the people. (Ok, off my infomercial soapbox and going to put DD to bed.)