PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Dash diaper bag, Anyone have this?

zbargainmama
11-19-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm looking to purchase a diaper bag and this seems perfect for me. Anyone have this that cna tell me the pros and cons. Does it have a wide enough opening to see everything in the bag? Does it attatch to your stroller well, I really like this option.

Thanks for you feedback.

Amy

nfowife
11-19-2005, 03:42 PM
I have a dash, it opens enough to see what's inside but most colors have a black interior and the bag is wider than it is deep so you might still have to dig a bit if you are not well organized (I'm not!). If you do a search, people have posted pics of theirs. I find it is just too big for me (I'm a light packer and use a vera bradley right now) for everyday use but I do use it for all day outings and travel.

Edensmum
11-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I just got it and am actually thinking of taking it back for the Skip Hop Expo, it seems like the same bag basically with a zip open peice that let's it hold 50% more when needed.
I like it. I think the parent pouches at the top are a bit shallow. You can see what's in it. I haven't used it much just packed it up to see how I like it.
I love how it attaches to the stroller, it is up high where you want it.
Eden 9/04

julieakc
11-19-2005, 08:44 PM
I recently aquired the Dash and think it is a great bag. I tend to be a heavy packer so it is a good size for me, but does not feel huge. The opening is wide enough to see most everything, but part of this does depend on how you organize things as a pp mentioned.

IMO here are the pros:

1) Fairly reasonable price (in comparison to many of the name brand bags out there)
2) good organization - 9 pockets plus the main compartment
3) Durable and machine washable (don't know if this is official, but I know people have washed theirs with no problems)
4) dad friendly (unless you get pink I suppose)
5) ability to attach to stroller - and very securely

My only con on this bag is that you have to remove the messenger strap in order to attach it to the stroller. I have also heard that some people don't like the velcro closure on the flap..doesn't bother me though.

By the way the post before me sounds more like a Duo than a Dash...I haven't owned or tried a Duo, but I have looked at it and definitely seems too small for my packing style even though it is taller (it's narrower though and not as wide).

HTH. If you have anymore questions let me know and I will try to answer.

bubbaray
11-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Skip hop makes 3 bags (currently) -- the Duo, the Expo and the Dash. The Duo & the Expo are very similar, with the Expo having the zippered bottom.

The Dash is completely different from the Duo & Expo in "look". It looks more like a traditional diaper bag, with the stroller strap option.

The Dash holds considerably more than the Duo. The interior of all the bags is black, with the exception of the Denim Dash, which is red inside.

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Edensmum
11-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes I was speaking of the duo. I misread the post sorry.
Eden 9/04