PDA

View Full Version : Land's End Do It All

lousoz
11-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Hello!
I am very close to my due date with my first, and have yet to get a diaper bag.
Based on the book recommendation and I like the way it looks, I am thinking about the Do It All from Land's End.
My sister in law has me completely freaked out because she has yet to find a bag that she likes and is questioning if this bag will be big enough for a change of clothes, a blanket, and all the other essentials that a baby will need.
Can I please get a review from those of you that have this bag ( I would like to hear all opinions!)?

Thanks in advance!

julieakc
11-28-2005, 12:26 AM
The DIA is plenty big for everything you need, is well organized and for the price is a real bargain!

The bag opens like a doctor's bag, and will stand opened even when empty. The interior is light blue (at least the navy one is, other colors might be a coordinating light color), so you don't lose things in a big black hole.

On the interior one side has two mesh pockets and the other side has 3 mesh pockets. In the middle of the main area is a removable pouch that has a couple of pockets in it too. The main compartment is plenty roomy for anything you need to throw in that you don't need to organize in the pockets.

On the outside, there is a back pocket for the chaning pad, which is a very nice large one, plus it has zippered compartments for stashing wipes, or other diaper changing goodies.

On the front exterior there is a zippered area that has two mesh pockets, plus a long bungee key FOB, and lots of room for other smaller goodies...great place for cell phone, etc. Also on the front exterior there are two roomy bottle pockets..great accessibility.

If you tend to be a heavy packer (think about your purse packing tendencies will probably give you an idea of your diaper bag packing style), the DIA would probably be a good first bag. As the baby gets older and you start to carry less you might find it too big for you, although it would still make a great bag for overnight trips or long all-day outings.

HTH.

carolines mommy
11-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Oh yeah, this bag is big enough for a baby's essentials and then some. We have 3...1 for extras in my van, 1 at Grandma's and 1 that stays in the closet waiting for weekend trips. I can pack 3 days worth of both girls' clothes in that bag! And the interiors of all the bags are that light blue which makes it super easy to find things. I forsee the girls using these bags long past diapering days for weekend trips/slumber parties, etc.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

lousoz
11-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks Ladies!
I needed to hear that! I think i am going to order it. I tend to pack on the "heavy" side, so a bigger bag is probably for the best! :)

daisymommy
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I am a super heavy packer--everything but the kitchen sink! :D And everything I dream up can fit into the Lands End DIA!
I plan on using it for both my preschooler and new baby when he/she arrives. So that's 2 kids worth of stuff.

I also really like the Lands End tailored tote. Sleek, stylish, and even bigger than the DIA! Now that's a "carry-it-all" kind of bag! The only bad thing is that the staps are a bit short--just long enough to sling over your shoulder, but a tight fit over a bulky winter coat. It's fine for any other season though.

Happy shopping!

carolines mommy
11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
This looks like a huge bag with good organization and for only $17.95 it is a great price! Originally $60. A bit more stylish than the DIA bag.

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/85240/123757/117.html

Erika

alaskadiver
12-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Question for those using the Lands End Do it All.

How is the shoulder stap? Two years ago I bought a Lands End bag that was nice in every way except that it had a permanently attached shoulder strap that was too short to fit over my shoulder. I ended up sending it back and buying a cheap bag at Wal-Mart.

Now I need a replacement and the Lands End looks nice but I can't tell if it was that other bag I bought previously or something newer with a better shoulder strap.

carolines mommy
12-01-2005, 03:29 PM
The new style DIA has an adjustable shoulder strap so it is longer than the original. I hated that about my first DIA too, but they have since changed it.

Erika