PDA

View Full Version : Silly Shallow Question...

Marriedladytara
12-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Does your diaper bag match your stroller? I am getting a Peg Perego Pliko P3 in Black Sable, and would like a Bumble Jessica Bag in Blue Latte. They don't exactly match, and that drives me kinda nuts. Am I kinda nuts?

feierabend35
12-05-2005, 09:01 AM
No, you are not nuts. I have the same stroller and have yet to buy a diaper bag that is not primarily black instead of brown. Dumb, I know, but I have always been like that with my own apparel, purses, etc. FYI- there are a few Jessica styles that have black lining instead of brown- I have one of them!
Jenn :)

audball
12-05-2005, 10:32 AM
It's really a personal preference. I have never cared if my bag matched my stroller, but then I have a black sable Peg Aria and black Volo, so it either "goes with everything" or nothing at all! And since I usually wear a backpack, I feel more comfortable wearing it as opposed to looping it through the stroller (DS is old enough now that he likes to walk sometimes too, so it leads to the whole stroller tipping thing).

Some gals have either purchased a stroller-specific bag that matches (like a skip hop or a silver line fling) or splurged on a new bag which both matches the stroller and they like well enough to use alone. This starts the terrible disease called "baby bag addiction". ;)

Edensmum
12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
I just bought a Fleurville Sling Tote and I ruled out the ones with brown ecause of my black sable Aria. Also, I were a lot of black, and not much brown. I got the pink stripe. It has tons of colors in it so it would match nearly anything. So it did play a roll in my decision lol
Eden 9/04

DebbieJ
12-05-2005, 03:39 PM
When ds was younger and in the stroller more, I had a black & red Kecci Mommybag to match my Metallica P3.

Now he's not in the stroller much and when he is, he's in the Carbon Volo, so I upgraded to a Pink Stripe Sling Tote.

So I guess I've been matching all along, but that was not a factor in my ST purchase.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Toba
12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, if your nuts, I'm certifiable. I fell in love with the Fleurville Gold Flower Sling Tote (which has brown trim), so I had to get a new stroller to match because I am VERY anal about things matching. I got them both for a joint anniversary/birthday gift, so I felt a little better about it. I think it really depends on the person. Some people it will bother, some it won't, and some, well, those types just twitch uncontrollably when things don't match (as I wave my hand way above my head).

Will your bag hang off the stroller or will you keep it in the basket? If it's in the basket, maybe you won't see it that much where it will bother you, KWIM?

In my case, I was desperately trying to find ways to get rid of my stroller at the time because I hated it, so it was a perfect excuse to buy a new one.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

emmiem
12-06-2005, 12:52 AM
I do not match my stroller. My diaper bag is essentially my purse and it matches my style and clothes. You do not have your stroller everywhere you go.
Michele

golfgirl12_27
12-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, yes and no.

I have a red Skip Hop Duo and the Bumble Bag Jessica in Pink Pucci.

I have a Graco Quattro Tour in Metropolitan (black/silver), a light pink Maclaren Volo, and a Quinny Freestyle 3XL that is a light blue/greyish with black. The Duo looks good with the Graco (although I hardly use that stroller) and the Quinny. The BB looks good with the Mac (although the bag is too much for that stroller once I've got it packed!!!). I thought it would bother me and that everything had to match (I'm a super extreme Type A personality), but it really doesn't. I've used the Duo with the Mac and it doesn't even phase me. I don't think the Blue Latte and the Peg would look horrible together. If that is the stroller you want and the diaper bag you want, you should get them. You'll probably be okay with the combo- or not even pay much attention after awhile.

Suz
dd- Sophia 01.12.05

Toba
12-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Have you seen the Peg P3 in Anice? I haven't seen the Blue Latte print, but it might be a closer match than the Black Sable? Just throwing some options out there! ;)

http://www.arunningstroller.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ARS&Product_Code=PegP32006&Category_Code=PP

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

Melrosgirl
12-07-2005, 05:56 AM
I can honestly say that I never notice the color match of a diaper bag and a stroller. My stroller is black and my diaper bag is the Sling Tote in Gold Flower (brown). Could care less. I do, however , notice jewelry, etc. on people, so I'm not totally oblivious. :)

Jen