PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the SkipHop Dash or Combi Urban Sling?

citymama
12-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Has anyone used the Combi Urban Sling or SkipHops bags (Dash or Duo)? How do they compare, and do they work as a main diaper bag?

I'm a city person -- using metro/bus/foot more than the car, so I need an ergonomic (but attractive!) bag that isn't too bulky but still carries the basics and then some. (Expecting our first baby in 3 months!)

Any feedback on these bags or suggestions for other urban-friendly bags ($70 or less) would be great.

thanks!

emmiem
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I have several SH Dash but stopped using them. I loved the organization. They have great pockets and sections. Why did I stop? I didn't feel the love for the fabric although I liked the colors. I just felt they weren't very stylish. I also thought they were heavier than I liked. I am selling them on babybags if you are interested.
Michele

daniele_ut
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I can't compare to the Combi, but I LOVE my SH Dash! It has great organization and plenty of room for all of my stuff. I started out carrying a Lands End Little Tripper, but it eventually just got too small for me. The Dash is sometimes bigger than I need, but it is nice to have the extra space when I need it. It has been my everyday bag for the last 3 months or so.

Sandy
12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I had the combi as one of my original diaper bags and I found it pretty comfortable to wear as a messenger. What I didn't like about it was that you didn't have to put too much in their and it got really puffy and when it was puffy really jutted out and kind of got in the way. Also it has a black hole effect.

I have the denim skip hop dash and I found that I like the organization of the bag and because it has a red interior I don't have the black hole effect.

Between the 2 I would have to say go with the Skip hop for organization and amount that it can hold.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

citymama
12-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks Sandy and everyone else. Between the 2 the Dash definitely sounds better. I'm an organization freak and would not be happy with the black hole effect! Any other suggestions for compact/stylish yet efficient diaper bags would be welcome!