PDA

View Full Version : hopeless about knowing what I need

octmom
12-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I've been using a smallish, generic black backpack style diaper bag for more than two years now and I am ready for something nicer. DH has been bugging me for ideas for Christmas gifts and I thought a nice diaper bag would be a great suggestion, but I am lost in this arena. If I leave DH on his own without any guidance, I have no idea what he will come up with. He really needs direction on gifts sometimes, IYKWIM. ;)

I am looking for something that:
- will accommodate infant and toddler stuff (#2 is due in the spring)
- probably not a backpack style, since I have BTDT and want to try something else-- tote or messenger
- might be a cute print, but nothing too "babyish"
- is durable, since I will toss is around a fair amount. I am not particularly gentle with my bags.
- will not be a balck hole inside, like my current bag is.

I looked at the Skip Hop Expo online and thought it looked good, but then I thought I might need to be more adventurous and get something in a print. I'd prefer a print in colors that will not clash with everything, since I am the kind of person who uses a bag over and over and over. For example, I don't switch purses often. I use a balck leather Coach bag most of the time and might switch to something summery and neutral for a few months of the year.

TIA for your help Diaper Bag Divas!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

mommato2boys
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
A bag to fit two.....the expo would work. I have it in camo and love it. I think it is kinda different and not baby-ish.
The landsend bag would work but not at all stylish but very usable.
Okay, I am out of suggestions.

octmom
12-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. The expo does look like it could work, but I am starting to feel more adventurous about trying a print. I just looked at some more sites and liked the look of the lexi barnes superstar in poppy amd the fleurville sling tote in ?? print.

Anyone know if either of these will work for an infant and a toddler?

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

audball
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I think you would have no problem accomodating stuff for a toddler and a newborn in the Lexie Barnes Superstar. She is supposed to be coming out with some new prints/fabrics beofre the end of this month. I am thinking that if you plan to put your sling in your bag, the Superstar may be more advantageous over the Sling Tote, based on what other folks have mentioned before.

I have a preschooler and a toddler and the Lexie Barnes Darling works great for me now. When I was at your stage, I used my Posh Baby bag, my Skip Hop Dash, or a Fleurville A7 (discontinued now, but you can find some on ebay or on the babybags yahoo board) - depending on how much I carried. There are so many options now. You may want to check out:

Ju-ju-be.com for the Be All or the Packabe
Chesterhandbags.com for their messenger bag
silverlinebabybags.com for their convertible backpack or other bags
fanci-free.com for their new print tote diaper bags