PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play for traveling

wcheng
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi,

Don't know if this is an appropriate forum but....

We're taking a trip to California and need to bring some sort of "crib" for our DD. We have a Pack N Play but are worried that it will get torn apart on the plane, since we have to check it in. Anyone have any solutions or advice for bringing a Pack N Play on the plane?

Thanks!

amp
12-12-2005, 02:41 PM
I know plenty of people have traveled w/ their PNP and claim they make it thru just fine. I also have some concerns about them weathering the airlines, but it seems many do. Also, if you will be in a hotel, many have PNP's as their "cribs" and you can use those for free usually. We usually call ahead to make sure they have them available. If you're not staying in a hotel and need to transport it, perhaps a thick, sturdy duffle bag?

jeminaal
12-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't know which part of California you're heading to, but another option to consider would be renting a crib/PNP while you're there. Here's a link that you might want to check out:

http://www.babysaway.com/

Maybe there's a franchise close to where you're traveling to. Nice thing about this is that you'll have one less thing to carry on the plane. :)

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

wcheng
12-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Thank you for everyone's suggestions!