PDA

View Full Version : Feeling the urge for a new bag...Maybe a Skip-Hop?

MegND95
12-12-2005, 07:32 PM
I currently use a Lands End Little Tripper as my day to day bag. I have three kids, only one in diapers. But I often tote around at least two sippy cups, the diapers/wipes and some snacks. Plus, I have my wallet, cell and keys to consider. While I like the Little Tripper's size, I am looking for something a little less tippy. My wallet often tips the bag forward when I set it down. I like the look of the Skip Hop, but wonder if they are too big for my needs? I like compartments for my stuff, as my diaper bag functions as my purse, so organization would be a plus. But since my true "diaper bag" days are limited, I'd rather not spend a ton of money.

Any suggestions? Input on the Skip Hops?

Thanks!

clc053103
12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Hello! I have a skip hop dash and I love it for use on my stroller. It's just the perfect size, nice compartments for diapers etc- two front pockets for small stuff, and even a zippered mommy compartment for your wallet and such. But I have to say it too is tippy, it doesn't really stand up on it's end well b/c it's too skinny. I usually lay it down on its side if i need to put it down.

Size wise it could be a perfect fit for you- with two side pockets for those sippy's too! Other SKip Hop bags like the duo and expo I believe are larger...but I have no experience with them. I bought my Dash on like at Expressivetoys.com, and Jen is wonderful there if you need to ask questions!

MommytoLayla
12-12-2005, 08:40 PM
What about one of the new silver line "Swaggs"? They look really cute and can be worn as messenger or backpack and is close in size to the little tripper but with some much cuter colors.!!

barbarhow
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Love my SH Dash. I do not have a problem with it tipping. I have 2 in dipes and use it as my everyday bag. I carry tons of stuff and it fits but without being too bulky. Can't say enough about it.

clc053103
12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
I was just in my DASH this morning- mine tips over but it's b/c I have a HUGE wallet in the little parent pocket- which is at the top of the bag. Without it, it doesn't tip! Just wanted to add that!

I also love that it comes in such cute colors and matches a lot of strollers- a strictly asthetic feature, but important to some!

julieakc
12-14-2005, 01:39 AM
I am loving my Dash. It holds lots of stuff and is well organized without being too bulky. I have no problems with mine tipping over..unless DS is pulling on it trying to find the snacks. LOL But I have my heavy stuff (big wallet) in the interior big compartments and the main compartment.

That being said, as much as I love my Dash I have ordered a Fling by silverline which as a pp mentioned is supposed to be very similar.

firsttimemommy
12-16-2005, 09:37 AM
My two (yes only two!) diaper bags are the LE Little Tripper and the Skip Hop Dash :) My dash never tips and I have my wallet in the top parent pocket. I also dont think it's skinny....the duo and expo are the tall skinny ones (but I like those too!)

I think the Skip Hops are so nice - and I've had MANY MANY bags. For the price and funcitionality they are the best IMHO. Now if you want more "style" you'd prob need to look at other things but since I am a SAHM, the sport styling of the SHops work well with my casual wardrobe :)

Oh, the Silver Line Flings do look nice too! Try jen at www.expressivetoys.com for the skip hop or Jo and Melissa at www.letsgostrolling.com for the silver lines :)

Good luck!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."