PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag with Lots of Compartments

mbox
01-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi, I'm having my first baby in March and am in the midst of diaper bag angst. I'm looking for a bag that has lots of compartments. I'd really like to avoid the bottomless pit syndrome that happens when there aren't enough pockets. So far, I really like the Posh baby diaper bag because it has lots of compartments, looks like it cleans up easily, and comes in great patterns/colors. I'm thinking the bag is going to be way too big, though. Does anyone have any suggestions for a bag that would fit the bill? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

cdlamis
01-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Hi,

Congratulations on your first baby! I first joined this board to find the perfect diaper bag too. 3 1/2 years later (and 10 bags later) I
think I finally found the perfect one for me- the Fleurville Sling Tote.

It has a lot of pockets and compartments and my bag is never disorganized. Everything has its own place or pocket, even my personal stuff. I couldn't say that about any of my previous bags- which I bought on looks alone which was my problem. The ST comes in great colors too- I have the floral print.

The ST has a vinyl exterior which is very easy to clean- I have not even cleaned mine yet and it looks brand new still.

One of my favorite features is the removable messenger strap. I don't like using the bag as a messenger so I carry it as a tote but I use the messenger strap to sling it over the stroller handle or shopping cart handles.

I can honestly say that I will not sell or stash this bag for a while- it will probably be my last bag.

Hope this helps a little.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

hudsonam
01-08-2006, 12:04 AM
I just got a Skip Hop Dash, and it's very organized (and I'm not a good packer). It has two pockets you can put diapers, wipes, etc in, another large pocket with a small piece of velcro to close it, a zipper pocket that's the full width of the bag, two velcro pockets on the front, two pockets on each side, a pocket in the back where you can keep the changing pad, and maybe I'm forgetting some? If you do a search for pictures, you'll probably find some of the interior. It does have quite a bit of velcro though, but so far it doesn't really bother me. I think it's a great bag.

I also have a Vera Bradley Carry All bag that has some great exterior pockets and I think four interior pockets. That's really a style you either love or hate though (Vera Bradley bags, that is).

I'm in the midst of buying a Sling Tote, so I can't comment on that yet. ;)

Good luck, and best wishes with your new baby!

hudsonam
01-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Here's a link to a post with a couple links to other posts with pictures.:)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=25606&mode=full

mbox
01-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks to both of you for your replies. I found a shop that had a good variety of bags and was able to take a look at them all. I ended up buying the Fleurville Slingtote (floral sky). That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!