PDA

View Full Version : LE DIA big enough for CD'ed twins?

twinsdueinmay
01-04-2006, 06:52 AM
I keep seeing comments here and other places that the LE DIA was "too big". I'm thinking hey that's what i'm looking for! Would this bag be big enough for cloth dipes, wipes, and all the usual stuff you need for twins? I'm going to try to BF but had serious supply issues last time so I'll probably end up bottle feeding this time too.

For ds (now 8 yo) what we usually did was keep the big honkin' diaper bag in the car stocked with all the stuff and took a smaller diaper bag with the few things (bib, bottles, diapers, wipes, plastic baggie) we might need wherever we were going. The bag only really left the car to go on plane trips or in with us inside grandma's house if we were going to be there the whole day. That seemed to work well for us as our outings usually only consisted of going to the grocery or out for lunch or dinner. Our lifestyle hasn't really changed much, tho I imagine for a long while we'll do even less errand running with the twins in tow than I did with ds in tow. ;-)

Anyhoo, I need lots of organization, and apparently lots of space for stuff for 2 babies in cloth and formula fed. Will this bag be able to stand up to the challenge??

ETA - I'm not willing to spend a whole lot for a diaper bag. I sew, so if I can't find something for under $40-50 I'll design one and make it myself. :-)

Karen

Ohio_Mom
01-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I have a LE DIA diaper bag, and quite honestly it has only left the house a handful of times. It's frankly just too big and unwieldy to carry around for more than just a minute or two. It's more like a carry-on suitcase than a diaper bag. And while you can fit a lot in the bottom of the bag, the way it closes by collapsing at the top means that you really can't fill it more than halfway before you have to stop putting things in it, otherwise it won't close. So it's super-wide but you don't get the depth too. It's just not a good everyday bag, unlike the Little Tripper, which is great for a quick grocery run or something (though it does tip over any time I want to set it down, making it a bit of a pain at times, but oh well).

Personally I think you'd do better with a different bag if you plan to use this bag regularly. If it's just something to keep in the trunk like you said, maybe it would work for you, but even then, you may be disappointed at how little you can fit into it once you get it closed, in spite of how big and bulky it is.

Neatfreak
01-04-2006, 03:24 PM
I don't think it's too big, but it's not the bag I take for running errands (I have the Little Tripper as well) anymore. When I needed to bring along a blanket, change of clothes, etc. - this was the bag that held it all. I see lots of moms where I live lugging around bigger bags on a regular basis.

It's a sturdy, spacious, and well-made bag - I'd at least give it a try with your twins! The only issue I can see perhaps arising is that is that CDs take up more space than paper diapers do, so it probably wouldn't hold as many at one time ...

KrisM
01-04-2006, 09:32 PM
heIt's a big bag to carry around. I use mine for travel. I can fit about 20 regular prefolds, 5 covers, 24 wipes and a few misc. things in it. So, I think it would be plenty big enough for 2 in cloth. Whether you'd want to actully carry it or not is another question.

Sears used to have them in the store. Maybe you can take a look in person?

BaileyBea
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
My friend w/Twins has a LE DIA and loves it. She recommended it to me and I love it.

I recently traveled for the holidays and I fit everything in there. Two blankets, two bottles, lots of medicine, toys, a thick winter jacket and of course diaper stuff, It was the best bag ever.

Now I mostly use this bag everyday but I have a lighter bag I through stuff in sometimes that works out well for quick trips. I also use my regular purse for quick trips along w/a Diapees and Wipes bag. The Diapees and Wipes is large enough for 4 diapers, ointment and wipes. So it works for me!

For the price you can't beat the DIA. Look into a Little Tripper if you want a smaller bag from LE too!

twinsdueinmay
01-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks for all the input! I think I will give it a shot. Like I said I never really take the bag out or the car on a regular basis and will definitely look into the smaller bags mentioned for actually putting it on my shoulder or in the stroller.

Thanks again!

karen

my3fallkiddos
01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
I love my DIA, however it is a big bag. I'm packing for two (2 years old and 4 months) and I usually take the DIA to the pediatrician. I can fit everything I need for the baby plus toys, books and snacks for my toddler to keep him entertained!

daisymommy
01-16-2006, 04:39 PM
It's so funny how opinions on diaper bags differ :) I have 2 LE DIA diaper bags that I use everyday for my ONE child (who was in cloth diapers before potty-training)--and I LOVE these bags. They aren't too big too me at all--just right actually.

I can see using the DIA for cloth diapered twins, yes. You would even have room for a bottle cooler too if you needed it.

I'd say go for it :)