PDA

View Full Version : Ok I think I want a Kecci Mommy Bag now....

BeachBum
01-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I have one and it isn't my favorite. My baby is 4 mo and it just doesn't fit all of our stuff. I'm not bigt on pockets, and prefer more "empty" space.
The good thing is that the straps will go over my stroller (single handle), and it seems well made. Although I haven't done it, it is supposedly machine washable unlike the PPB.
I don't think the bag looks "fancy". If you like it, go for it.

hudsonam
01-09-2006, 07:54 PM
There is at least one for sale on the Yahoo babybags group. I had one and sold it because it was too fancy, but I got it in cornsilk, and as my husband put it, it looked like a wedding dress. ;) I think if I'd gotten it in another color, I might have kept it. It's a nice bag though.

jennifer13
01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
It's a GREAT bag. I get compliments everywhere I go, that is not an exaggeration, and it doesn't look like a diaper bag. I'm not fancy either but it's not too fancy. it's just nice. The ONLY thing I don't like is that there is no outside pocket for keys, wallet, that sort of thing. Otherwise I love it and several friends got one after they saw mine. I just got it off the Kecci web site, but Nordstrom rack also carries them although usually just one color.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

jillybean
01-17-2006, 08:47 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I am interested in this bag too (thanks to this thread!) and can't decide on a color. Any suggestions? I mostly wear black, red, and shades of blue and green. I am leaning towards the black or truffle, but the caramel looks very nice too! Any help or advice will be sooooooo appreciated since I will probably be ordering online without seeing irl.

TIA,
Jill :)

lmariana
01-17-2006, 09:53 AM
If you do decide to buy one, make sure you get it for very cheap, like $30...because in my opinion, that's all they are worth! I've owned 2 different Kecci Shanghai bags and they both broke within the first month of use. Several mothers on here have had the same problem I did, the zipper popped off. This is a common problem with these bags, so be warned!

Also, the interior is really shoddy. It's a flimsy, thin plasticy rubber material with no form or shape to it at all, so the pockets don't stand open on their own. I found the bag overall to be very floppy.

The exterior fabric was pretty bad too. I managed to get it snagged within the first week. In comparison, I now own a similar bag (a Petunia Pickle Bottom) which has a more delicate fabric of real silk, and I have yet to get it snagged after several months of use. I think the Kecci's exterior fabric isn't as finely woven, which makes it easier to get a snag.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents! If you really want one, post on babybags and see if anyone has one for sale at a decent price.

Mariana
Mom to Gabe (8/03) and Atom (10/05)
www.heinzandmariana.com
http://www.geocities.com/kellysb/images/medals/awardbar2-bronze.jpg[p]
http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Gabe-spc-and-spc-Atom.png

clc053103
01-17-2006, 03:21 PM
I had the opposite experience of PP-

I really don't like my PPB- the velcro fastener actually snags the bag- and it's the loudest velcro on earth (can wake even a sound sleeper). I prefer the Kecci snap. Kecci has more pockets. too. The PPB shoulder strap and backpack straps are black nylon and IMO, very ugly- they also tangle around themselves. The Kecci bag has matching straps, and a larger changing pad. The PPB roll out changing pad is not real easy to use, and smaller.

While my Kecci has held up really well- I have read where others have dealt with broken zippers, and they stopped taking returns willingly. So check out ebay and get a bargain! I got mine off a swapper on Babybags.

MomtoAveryAndCamryn
01-17-2006, 05:21 PM
I got my bag today! I have been so excited since I orderd if off of Ebay to get it. It is darker and bigger than I thought it would be. I got the Chartreuse Classic, but it's still really pretty and the trim and inside is a pink color.

It does have that chemical smell, but figure I can just air it out.

It feels really nice on my back, proportioned right and not too heavy. I haven't used it out of the house yet, but I did fit everything from my other bag in it. The pockets aren't very deep, but they hold diapers fine. My wipe case doesn't fit in the interior pockets, but I have a Pampers one that I use, I do have a Huggies one that looks like it will fit.

I'm not a very organized person, I usually just throw things in a bag, so the pockets are fine.

The material is thicker than I thought it would be and seems like it will hold up. I do wish there was maybe a zippered pocket on the flap for keys, cell phone and such.

Oh I folded up the changing pad and put that in the back pocket that is for the backpack straps when not in use. It fit fine in there, not lumpy at all.

I can't wait to use it out now. I have my women's biblestudy/mommy group tomorrow night and can't wait to take it.

Sara

clc053103
01-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I have the exact same one! Congrats!

And that smell DOES go away - you can stuff some newspaper in it overnight to absorb the odor more quickly too!

MomtoAveryAndCamryn
01-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I've been looking and reading reviews of the Kecci Shanghai Mommy Bag and they are so pretty. I love the backpack/messenger style. But am wondering if I am too casual for this bag. It looks so fancy, and I'm not sure if it would be a good bag for just going to the store, mall, mommy groups, church, etc.

I showed DH a pic of it, he said and I quote, "Oh that's actually really nice." This is big coming from him.

There are some auctions on Ebay right now so I'm not sure if I should get one through an auction or another website.

Also if anyone has any pics they'd like to post and also tell me what color you have that would be great.

Thanks!

Sara
Avery (12-4-02)
Camryn (7-31-05)