PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Sling - Vinyl or Ballistic

jennifer1143
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Hello -

I am going to buy a Fleurville Sling Tote. I really like the vinyl colors - pink or blue, but I had a Mothership in the Pink Stripe I hated because it was so stiff. Should I just go with the ballistic? Also, has anyone seen the Silver Ballistic - it looks white on the websites.

Thanks,
Jennifer

nfowife
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Just wanted to tell you that Fleurville had some factory second sling totes in both pink chocolate and blue chocolate last week when I called them, so you might want to see if they are still available, it's a great deal!
Call the CS # on the fleurville website and speak to David.

kep
01-10-2006, 05:27 PM
I actually just called this morning, and they had the ST in pink/chocolate and blue/chocolate. They are seconds, but from what I've read here, usually the flaws are really, really small, and the savings are great!

Kelli
Mama to Luke

jennifer1143
01-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I called them too. They said that they are the old style without the removable beverage holder. Would that be a problem? Thanks!

jenfed1
01-10-2006, 10:13 PM
At some point, Fleurville changed the vinyl they used, because my older style Mothership has a much stiffer vinyl, and my newer style ST is soft as can be, but still holds it's shape. I don't know when they made the change though.

julieakc
01-11-2006, 01:48 AM
I have the version without the removable bottle holder, and after seeing the version with the removable one IRL I'm actually glad mine isn't removable. If I'm not carrying a bottle/sippy I use the space for something else....snack trap, toys, anything....just acts as another pocket for me. IMO, the removable one takes up more space and would just move around in the bag. Of course if I had the version with the removable bottle holder I might feel differently...but unless you have a strong need to carry the bottle holder independently I wouldn't let that stop you from getting one of the seconds....it's such a great price.

Oh, and another thing....I just found out that the stroller ring attachments are different on the newest ones and people have complained that they're more difficult to use....I have no complaints about mine.

HTH

Edensmum
01-14-2006, 12:51 AM
The newer style ones, with the removable bottle holder are a much solfter vinyl.
Eden 9/04

nfowife
01-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I just got one in the old style (I knew I was ordering an old style one because I wanted the aqua stripe pattern). Anyhow, the bottle holder is just another pocket really with some padding- I put a sippy cup in it but you could put other stuff in there, too. It doesn't bother me at all! I really like my ST and it's so nice looking and well made! The vinyl is nice as well- not particularly stiff IMO, but I haven't compared it to a new one.

phillymommy
01-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know how much the "seconds" are?

Nicole
Mom to Charlie (3.10 years) & Mateo (13 months)

kep
01-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I believe both the ST and the MS are around $65. The colors are limited, and they are seconds, but you just can't beat the price. Esp. since the "flaws" are often barely noticable to the untrained eye.

Kelli
Mama to Luke

julieakc
01-15-2006, 02:24 AM
>The newer style ones, with the removable bottle holder are a
>much solfter vinyl.

I was just at Nordstrom today and looked at the ST to figure this
out.

The newest model with the removable bottle holder is a little softer than the version with the non-removable bottle holder. I could tell a difference, but it really was pretty slight, IMO. I had felt an older MS (from a couple of years ago) and it definitely felt stiffer than the ST.

I think (although I might be wrong on this) all of the STs have the
flower logo, not the name logo, which means they are all newer models, and therefore softer than the older MSs with the name logo.

HTH