PDA

View Full Version : New diaber bag for toddler and infant

Milos Mommy
01-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Help, I'm looking for a backpack style or messanger style bag that has good organization, and enough room for both a toddler's stuff, mainly food and toys and some diapers and all the stuff for an infant...I'm expecting my second boy at the end of Feb!
Thanks
:-) Kori

tobycat
01-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I bought an insulated backpack at an Eddie Bauer Outlet store after Christmas. They were on sale for $7.99. Great internal organization and no need for an extra insulated bag. I think it is a pretty stylish and sleek looking backpack. Black with light blue interior.

Candice

Rach3975
01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
My 2nd is due in March, and I just bought a bag that I think will be great for an infant and a toddler. It's the LL Bean Large Travel Touring Bag. About a year ago they sold 2 versions of this bag, one a diaper bag and one the touring bag. For some reason they discontinued the diaper bag, but the Large Travel Touring Bag is the same bag minus the changing pad and with a different interior color. I posted a few interior pics of it packed a few weeks ago and I posted a description of the pockets when it first came out. The links are below. The quick and dirty version--it's a great, basic canvas bag with plenty of space and pockets, IMO, but it doesn't feel as bulky as some of the other 2-kid diaper bags out there. It's about $30 and can be worn messenger or over the shoulder. On the first link, scroll to the bottom for the LL Bean pics.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=27441&mesg_id=27441&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=19346&mesg_id=19346&listing_type=search

kboyle
01-17-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of the Skip Hop Dash. Charlie is a hot wheel and snack fanatic and Max is a spit-up & drooler, so I needed something that could hold all that and more. I went thru tons of dipe bags and non-dipe bags and the Dash was the all-time winner. I'm not necessarily a heavy packer in terms of REAL needs, but I pack heavy on stuff that will keep my kids happy....toys, food, burp cloths, bottle & sippy.
I've got:
2 dipes ea and a huggies soft wipes pack
1 burp cloth & 1 bib
1 bottle (empty)
1 formula dispenser (I bf, but I have some just in case)
1 nagelene (I think that's what those plastic bottles are called) of water for the bottle
1 sippy/straw cup w/ juice
1 bottle of water (Dannon flouride mini sports bottle)
1 paperback book & 1 board book
5 hot wheels
3 playmobil guys
1 ziploc bag with a clean t shirt for C & a onsie for M, w/xtra ziplock inside
1 snack trap or similar container w/ snacks
some papers, coupons
sometimes if i remember a sm flannel receiving blanket for covering or changing pad
my wallet
my keys
my cell
if I'm going to be out a while I'll also shove M's winkel or skwish toy in there

I've got a lot of cr@p shoved into my bag, but I've never needed anything when I'm out.

It's messenger style and it can hook onto the stroller or shopping cart handles.

Since I have 2 boys I got a green camo one and have gotten TONS of compliments.

I've been on the perfect dipe bag search and this is the absolute winner!

HTH!! Good luck!

Edensmum
01-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Check out the Lexie Barnes Superstar, it's a great bag, big but light weight. The Silver Line Fling is awesome too.
Eden 9/04