PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about the LE Little Tripper

Marriedladytara
01-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I just ordered one...do you like yours?

bubbaray
01-22-2006, 06:18 PM
I have 2, actually. I think everyone should have a LT. They are really functional, especially if you BF a newborn, then again at the toddler age. Plus, they are virtually indestructible, so great for travel or when I don't want to worry about dirt/damage like I would a nicer bag.

I've even had friends who don't have children admire the bag as a purse or small gym bag. The water bottle pockets are a great feature!!

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

nfowife
01-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I bought one before DD was born, but didn't use it really at all at that point. I also had a Skip Hop dash, which at that time I used for long outings, and an ebay boutique diaper bag that I used for everyday. The LE bag was okay, but not really very cute or trendy kwim? So it sat in DD's closet while I was constantly on the search for a better bag... I sold the SH dash and put the ebay bag in the closet because it got too small as DD got bigger and needed more toys, etc. when we are out.
I then got a vera bradley betsy tote that I loved and used as my everyday bag but now that dd likes to have her drink and cheerios when we are out there really wasn't room for that in the vera, so I sold that. I got a fleurville sling tote and it was great except it weighs about 20 pounds so I returned it. So right now I don't have a bag to use so I pulled out the LE little tripper and it is perfect for me! I LOVE the external cup holders, I can put DD's cup on one side and a cup w/lid of cheerios or snacks for her when we are out and about. It has plenty of room for her toys and stuff inside and a handy mommy pocket in the front. I'm very happy with it, surprisingly! So far it's worth the $17 I spent on it (I got it from a babybags swapper).
I have a chester tote on the way from ebay so I may switch to that when I want something cute but right now I couldn't be happier with the little tripper! I definitely think it's worth the money to have, even if you only use it occasionally.

Ohio_Mom
01-23-2006, 08:18 AM
The Little Tripper is a good bag for a quick outing, but it's tall and narrow and it doesn't open very wide, so it can be kind of hard to find things in it sometimes. You really have to dig around to find things in the bottom. The shape of the bag also makes it a little top-heavy, so it doesn't sit on its own (hence my designation of the bag "The Little Tipper"), which can be frustrating if you want to set it down for a minute.

I no longer use mine because I just got tired of how hard it was to keep up with things in the bag, but for the price it's not bad at all, and it certainly has its merits. A good perk is that it's not girly at all, so it's very daddy-friendly.

Rach3975
01-23-2006, 11:52 PM
DS is approaching 2 1/2, and the LE LT has been my absolute favorite bag since he was about 15 months old. Two members of our playgroup have gotten them since seeing mine, and they love them for their 2-year olds, too. It's light, well organized, can stand up to any abuse, and is sized just right for everyday toddler needs with room to throw in a lunch for longer outings.

I initially bought and returned this bag when my son was younger, since it was way too small for us at that point. As of when I ordered mine, I remember the dimensions on the LE website being a little misleading (my one complaint about the bag/LE experience) because the main compartment shrinks a lot when you put bottles or sippy cups in the side bottle compartments. (In some bags the bottle pockets expand outward, so the inside of the bag is less affected. For that reason this bag is a smaller bag than some others with similar dimensions.) If I'd had this bag from the time DS was born, I suspect I would have used it for the first few months then had to put it away in favor of something bigger until we hit the toddler stage. (It would only have worked for us in the newborn stage if I kept a larger bag in the car with a blanket, more diapers, etc.)