PDA

View Full Version : What are my options for hanging a diaper bag on double stroller?

jennifer_r
01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
X-post in Stroller board
Done some research here and it looks like I can either use some stroller hooks OR there are some bags made to clip onto the handles of a stroller. Which do you find works best? Is there another option that works better?

What are the best hooks? Will almost any bag work if you use one of those hooks? What are the bags that can clip on directly w/out the use of special hooks and what are your opinions on them? I know SkipHop is one of them - but they have multiple bags - Duo, dash, expo - what's the difference between them all?

FWIW, 1)I love my current diaper bag - Kecci shanghai - and wouldn't mind at all just buying the clips if that is the best 2)my stroller (Combi Twin Savvy) has the bar handle that goes across.

Sorry about the bombardment of questions, but right now my Kecci just isn't cutting it on the double stroller - won't fit in the basket (curse the small basket with the bar that goes through it!) and I don't feel like carrying it on my shoulder all the time.

Thanks.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

Edensmum
01-25-2006, 04:07 PM
You can check out the different skip hops at their web site, but the duo is the smallest the dash is more messenger style and the expo is a lot like the duo but has a zipper compartment to expand the size of it.

The Fleurville Sling Tote has great organization and would attach to any stroller.

The Silver Line Fling is a reat bag that attaches like the skip hops but you don't have to remove the shoulder strap to do it. It also holds more than the skip hops.

Also, Lexie Barnes Darling, is a great lightweight bag, that has the best attachments but has the least internal organization.

jennifer_r
02-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the input so far. Any other thoughts?

So, I need a bag for a newborn and a toddler so sizewise what should work? I don't care too much about organization since I end up just throwing everything in mine currently. Which holds the most: the Fleurville Sling Tote, the Silver Line Fling, the Lexie Barnes Darling or the Dash? I LOVE the looks of the Fleurville Sling Tote but I don't know if I can justify the price (ofcourse it is similar to price to all the ones above, with the exception of the Skip Hop). Money is not an issue other than that I myself would feel a bit of guilt about it. But, if, it's truly worth it, then I guess I can justify it.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

lissie930
02-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, I am a heavier packer. I'm currently using my Posh Ultimate, which I love! I don't stuff it, and have plenty of room for everything! The only issue I have is that it gets heavy! I tend to carry less in the winter, and then in the summer, I have more since we're outside so much. I attach it to my Mac TT with caribiners. The Mac TT doesn't have the middle handle, so my Skip Hop won't work. The posh is wide enough that I can hook it onto the handles with caribiners and it fits perfectly.

I'm about to switch over to a BJCD, and I'm hoping I can get the caribiners onto the handle so I can keep doing this, it's so convenient! I hook them into the D-rings that the messenger straps attach to.

- Lissie

julieakc
02-07-2006, 01:45 AM
>Which holds the most: the Fleurville Sling Tote, the Silver Line
>Fling, the Lexie Barnes Darling or the Dash?

I have/have had all but the Lexie Barnes...the Fling holds the most out of these choices (including Lexie Barnes from what I've heard from others).

The Fling isn't as pricey as the ST or LB either...around $65 so comparable to the Dash.

magentasageviolet
02-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok so I have a double stroller too and the bag that I have had the best luck with is my Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack. I use the metal tabs that you hook the shoulder strap onto and put carabineers(SP?) through them.

A friend of mine heard that PPB is coming out with new clips to attach to your bag and the stroller bar that can be used for all strollers... but I don't know when...

Hope that helps. The PPB holds everything that I need and has easily accessable bottle pockets for when we are out with the stroller.

Have fun choosing!

~ Cindi

jennifer_r
02-15-2006, 09:02 AM
A number of the PPs mention them. They sound like hooks that connect the diaper bag to the stroller - is that right? Where can I get them - both in a B& M or online? I might just use those to hook my kecci shanghai bag - which I love still - to my stroller.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

Emmas Mom
02-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure you can get them at any store like Wal-Mart or Target in the camping section. I got two cute little red ones at Wal-Mart for my red KS & they were only like $1.00.