PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Picklebottom bags

theamc
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Hello,

I am new to the whole baby thing (1st child due June 1), and I am wondering if anyone out there has used a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag? I have my heart set on one, but I don't want to buy anything that isn't good quality.
Anyone out there have any feedback?

Thanks!
Clueless New Mom

MommytoLayla
02-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I have a boxy backpack in Lily that I love. I bought it second hand though on the yahoo group so I didn't pay the full price :) Anyway I got the Lily because it isn't a delicate brocade which I would have been concerned about.
I know some people have had a bad experience with their customer service though. I also know that some people do not like all the velcro on it because it is loud. And it is loud :) But it doesn't really bother me since dd never sleeps when we are out anyway so I don't have to worry about waking her up. Hope that helps some.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32071.jpg

theamc
02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Thank you! That is helpful. :) Is the strap comfortable? Do you ever wear it messenger style, or do you primarily use the backpack straps?

clc053103
02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I have one as well- mine is one of the delicate fabrics and yes, it snags on everything. I am actually not a big fan of it. First off, the straps are UGLY. They are black"camera strap" nylon. You also really have to remove the straps you aren't using (meaning, use backpack straps or messenger but not both) b/c they tangle up in each other. not much organization- very few pockets. The Velcro is REALLY loud! (I agree with PP!It can wake the soundest sleeping baby!) The velcro snags clothing too. And of course, everyone's favorite feature: Dry Clean only.

Why do I still carry it? B/c it's sooo darn pretty!

lissie930
02-01-2006, 10:55 PM
I had one (one of the older style) and sold it to someone who could give it a good home! :) I found that I used it rarely because it's dry-clean only, and I am either out at the park, or the weather is gross (I live in NE). That being said, they're gorgeous and I'm dreaming of another one! They're beautiful, and well made, IMO but the organization isn't great. I currently use my Skip Hop for shorter trips and my Posh Ulitmate for longer trips.

- Lissie

stellasmommy
02-01-2006, 11:42 PM
I love Bumble Bags. So great! No dry clean. I just spot clean fine. No snagging either. I absolutely HATE PPB! So impratical. What on earth were they thinking? Dry clean bag. Snaggable fabric. Plus they only good feature they have detachable change pad they copied from Bumble Bags. Don't even give PPB another thought.

lmcnabbkv
02-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I think if you have your heart set on a PPB...go for it!! I absolutely love mine, although I must say I wish I could have waited for the spring 2006 colors to come out...they are gorgeous.
Anyway I have the sweetie roll and carry it with me everywhere, I use it messenger style when it is not hanging from the back of my p3. Does it snag easily? Yes, easier than most other bags, but if you arent' dragging it around in mud and gravel I believe it will hold up fine and although it may get the occasional snag you can always just take scissors and trim the snag down to the fabric so it isn't noticable. I even got stuck in a downpour where the bag was entirely soaked one day, but it dried fine with no residual marks or water spots.
I do not have a problem with the backpack staps getting twisted up but then again I have them tightened to the tightest point. However, I do have to agree with the other posters that the velcro is loud and it could use another compartment or two on the inside for organization purposes however to me the pro's outweigh the cons and I would recommend a PPB for anyone who has their sights set on one!

magentasageviolet
02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I agree with the PP. I love my PPB too! IMO there is nothing out there that can even compare. I agree about the Spring 2006 line as well!! I have already started to drop hints with my husband about the Tutu Roll. Gorgeous!!! :)

Also I have heard some of the negative postings about their customer service and am surprised.

I just finished working with one of their customer service reps when the metal pull tab broke off of one of my zippers and she was extremely helpful. They fixed my bag really quickly.

Good luck deciding which one!! :)

kris262
02-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi,

I'm a little late to this question and you may have already made up your mind, but I have two PPB's and I love them. I have the Spring Roll and Fond Of Flora. I have snagged my Spring Roll on a few things (I just cut the strings) and I also had a bottle leak breast milk in one of the pockets. I just spot cleaned it and it dried without any discoloration. The Fond of Flora is a little heavier duty and that one hasn't snagged on anything. I get tons of compliments on them! Almost every time I go out, people ask where I got my bag. I like that its a backpack, so my hands are always free, and if I get tired of carrying it I can hook it onto the stroller handle. I have a really cute shoulder diaper bag that I got when I was pregnant, and I never use it. If I would pick up the baby with the bag over my shoulder it would slide down and knock her face. Both bags are over a year old and still look like new. They've been on several planes, trains and automobiles, to the beach and all over. I now have my eye on another one. I actually never really noticed the velcro loudness thing, but I have snagged some of my shirts on it, so that's something to be careful of.

HTH,

Kristi