PDA

View Full Version : need help about diaper bag selection

chinnari
02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi,
I would be travelling to india with my 11 month old kid in a couple of weeks. It would be a 26 hour flight travel. I would like suggestions for a good diaper bag which would be ideal for the travel. I had doubts like whether backpack style would be better or normal diaper bag? I was thinking of buying Do It All. What are your opinioins about it?
Thanking u in advance
chinnari

chinnari
02-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Please anybody give me some suggestions. Waiting desperately for your answers
TIA
chinnari

dhano923
02-09-2006, 02:23 AM
If you are going to be carrying a lot of other stuff, you may want to go with a backpack. I had our carseat, a Mac Triumph stroller, DS, my purse and a Skip Hop Duo diaper bag and did ok, but then again, I hate backpacks.

mommato2boys
02-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I would get a BIG bag, that is a long plane ride! The DIA bag is big and you can pack a lot of stuff, but I don't find that straps that comfortable to carry, that might not be a big issue for you, but something to consider. A backpack style would ease up your hands for other things. But I am not a huge backpack fan myself. Lesportsac has some weekender bags that might be big enough and I have heard that they are nice, I don't have one personally so I can't comment, but another brand to think about. (www.lesportsac.com)
Maybe a timbuk2.com bag?? worth a look.

asmith130
02-09-2006, 08:11 PM
How about the Lands End diaper backpack? It's a pretty huge bag but very comfy to wear and a very organized bag - lots of pockets & compartments.

I also like the Posh Baby Ultimate bag a lot - it's convertible messenger/backpack. I've packed for 2 in dipes for all day trips in it and had plenty of room, including bottles, sippy, snacks, baby food jars, changes of clothes, toys...

HTH! Amy

LBW
02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Have you looked at the Vera Bradley Baby Bag? I think it's a good size and it's LIGHT, so great for travelling. I had an older version of the Do It All and I couldn't use it b/c it was so heavy. It had a lot of pockets, which I know some people like, but for me, they just added to the overall bulk of the bag. Maybe the newer version is better though? Good luck and have a great trip!

Someone already suggested the Timbuk2 -- that might be a great option. I love messenger style bags for travelling. If I got a bag like that (ie, a "regular" bag as opposed to a "diaper" bag, I'd also get something like the Skip Hop pronto to use as a changing station.

bubbaray
02-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I think you can't go wrong with a DIA for that purpose. If you prefer a backpack, the LE Backpack is great too. Both are very organized and have light interiors. The Backpack is very very comfy to wear. The DIA opens wide, so its really easy to see things in.

The fabrics are pretty much the same for both -- very durable and travel-friendly. LE has a lifetime warranty and if you don't like the bag, you can return it to any US Sears stores.

I think some Sears stores sell the DIA IRL. The best color selection is online, though. I think the Backpack is only online.

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

cca
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Deja Vu! We just did this trip. I have a Haiku Messnger style Diaper bag and spent seven weeks traveling in India with my eleven month old.
I briefly considered backpack, but we sling and it was much easier to sling dd and carry the diaper bag.

Chetna

my3fallkiddos
02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Hmmm, best of luck to you! My in-laws live in India (I'm American, DH is Indian) and while DH and I have decided we'll never make the trip to India with the kids, DH has to do it twice a year for work. Having never made the trip myself, I have heard how long it is from my husband so I can't imagine doing it with a baby (or in our case, 3 kids)!

That being said, I have a DIA and you can pack three days of stuff in there easily. You might want to consider their back pack version as well. It's nice to just swing it over your shoulder!

Good luck!

Carrie

Salmeen
02-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Heyy

A good choice besides ur original one is Eddie Bauer Messenger Style. Its huge with tons of pockets! It's not the prettiest bag around but it works! I bought it for my sisters-in law in India and they absolutely love it! They travel alot, to visit their folks who live pretty far away, so its convenient for them. One of 'em used it when she went to Nepal along with her two kids n she was pretty satisfied with its functionality.

Have a wonderful time in India!

Salmeen =)