PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the KidCo PeaPod travel bed?

joyful mommy
02-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure of the best place to post this -- DC isn't yet 2 and the Toddler Bargains board (where the travel section is) doesn't seem to get as much traffic.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the KidCo PeaPod yet? I'm not sure how new it might be. How did your DC like it? How easy was it to set up and re-fold into it's little storage pack?

Our DC will be about 18 mos. when we hope to use it and is sort of big, but thankfully is still in a crib for now. I'm thinking the PNP may not last much longer for a travel bed option. Also, it seems as though this would be a lot easier to pack and carry on vacation.

Any experiences with this or a similar option would be greatly appreciated.

jennab
02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Anyone out there use this? We are curious too?
One step ahead says it is for birth to one year, but other sites say birth and up. DS is 2 and doesn't like the PNP any more, but is still in a crib - think this is best but would also love to hear from any users!

Thanks!!!!

carolines mommy
02-21-2006, 02:52 AM
I have the same exact question. My DD is 2 and the PNP is too small for her to comfortably sleep in it all night. This seems to have a larger footprint, but I don't know if the 18 inch height will bother her. I'm going to just bite the bullet and order one tonight. That and a Phil & Ted's T2 travel cot. Have you looked into that one? The only thing that concerns me about the P&T is the 20 inch width.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby/86747/T2TravelCot.html

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

jennab
02-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh, I think I missed the 18 inch height...now I'll have to rethink it. I saw the travel cot, but the width concerned me as well...

DS is quite comfortable in his crib, and seems to think sleeping on "big beds" is playing, so I just don't think an inflatble mattress will work, either. I don't know what we will do for our next trip to Grandma's house!

jennifer1143
02-24-2006, 10:59 AM
I went through the same thing. I finally got the bigger pack and play - it's square. I think it's 36x36. It worked really well. In fact, my little boy is 2 1/2 & really tall for his age & can still use it. I tried an air mattress & that didn't work at all - he liked to play on it. Someone did suggest an inflatable swimming pool. Not sure about that.

Jennifer

carolines mommy
02-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, I bought the P&T T2 at a local store so I will try it out this weekend. I put dd1 in it at the store and although the width is fairly narrow, the length is really good. I plan to try it out for both girls' naps this weekend and I'll report back on how it goes.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05