PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Dash vs. Silver Line Fling??

kristabn
02-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm looking into these two diaper bags as possible choices and they look very similar to me (they are even the same price). I'm wondering if any of you have had either/both of these bags and which one you would recommend? What are the differences - if any?
Thanks!
Kristin

julieakc
02-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Kristin:

I have had both and they are very similar. The dimensions are almost identical and the pocket configuration is very similar. Here are the differences:

- With the Dash you have to remove the messenger strap to use the stroller clips....with the Fling they are seperate which is a huge plus IMO

- Dash has velcro closures whereas the Fling has no velcro (hidden magnets or zippers)

- Dash has a key FOB, the Fling doesn't

- Dash has a grab strap on the top, the Fling doesn't

- Fling has a zippered pocket on the messenger flap

- Front pockets on the Fling are larger and are under the flap when closed; Dash front pockets can be seen/accessed when the messenger flap is closed

- Fling has light colored interior so no black hole effect

- Side bottle pockets on the Dash are a little bigger than the Fling's

- the flap on the Fling folds back better than the Dash's

- Fling, IMO, is lighter when empty and therefore also lighter when packed

- Fling fabric has more "give" therefore IMO is a bit more stuffable than the Dash

They are both great bags. Email me privately and I can send you a link to some side by side pictures of both bags.

HTH,

Ohio_Mom
02-15-2006, 06:21 AM
Wow, what an awesome comparison list! I couldn't have said it better myself! :-)

My personal preference is for the Fling (I returned the Dash after comparing the two). It just seems like the Fling is lighter, more stuffable, more organized, and nicer-looking than the Dash. Plus, I liked the way the stroller handles work on the Fling much better. I also appreciated that the magnetic closures on the Fling were quiet (no need to wake a baby by opening a bag!) and would probably stand up to wear and tear better than velcro, which gets kind of shaggy over time if you use it enough.

I'm not saying that the Dash isn't a good bag, because it is. But for the same money and similar styling, I'd much rather have the Fling. I just think it's a better-made and better thought out bag IMO.

seeks1
02-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Where is the best place to order a Fling from?? Thanks

Ohio_Mom
02-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Expressive Toys has it for $58 with free shipping:

http://www.expressivetoys.com/siliflmestba.html

Most places I've seen it at around $65, so this is definitely the best deal I know of. I've ordered from her before, and she has really fast shipping and super customer service. You can't go wrong! :-)

seeks1
02-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks! I had bookmarked it on Let's go Strolling but wasn't sure about the best price.

sophiesmom
02-15-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm going to order the Fling soon. :-) Now to decide on a color! I was going to get navy, but expressive toys doesn't have that color. My duo stroller is navy as is my car seat carrier stroller, and also have a black and yellow side by side. I hate to be boring and just go w/ black though, although navy isn't too exciting either! but at least I know DH would feel comfy carrying it. :-)

Caroline1124
02-15-2006, 08:24 PM
letsgostrolling.com has a limited supply of the navy Fling and there is a code for 15% off.. MOM1015 until the end of February. And if you spend more the $75, shipping is free. I got mine the other day, I really like it although it seems very empty right now since I'm only carrying for one, but it certainly seems like it will be more than enough for what I need when I have two :)

sophiesmom
02-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for that. I checked it out and w/ the coupon and $6 shipping, the cost is close to the other site's price. Also looks like they havea good return policy. If I go for the Navy will order from them! Did you get the Navy?

Caroline1124
02-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Yes, I got the navy. I wasn't expecting it until March, but Melissa got a few in and I think they are still in stock!

Oh, and when you enter the code, the discount won't show up in your cart but it will be charged to your credit card correctly. It came out to $61.

pbj
02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Wow, this post was so helpful since these are exactly the 2 bags I was deciding between.
FYI, babyage.com also has the SL fling on sale now, plus their site lets you see all the color combos. :-)

sophiesmom
02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I think I'm going for the navy. :-)
I'm not sure would have to double check, but babyage might have the bag marked as non-returnable. I know one site i was looking at had an icon saying was a non-returnable item.

pbj
02-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Good catch on the non-returnable icon on babyage. Still it was nice to see all the colors there! I love the lipstick/orange combo but got something DH would carry too. My stroller is black & silver so we went for black. I ordered from expressivetoys.com. Should be here soon!

sophiesmom
02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Glad I had the right site. They do have good pics of the colors! Let me know how you like it! I'll have to order mine soon. :-)

sbjf
02-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm considering the Fling (based on this thread!), Dash, Vera Bradley Baby Bag, and Posh Baby Ultimate Diaper Bag.

bubbaray
02-18-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm a pretty light packer and I don't think the Dash would be big enough for the 3, though it does depend on their ages (and whether they are still in diapers).

I think the VB Baby Bag would be big enough for three. Can't comment on the other two.

Good luck!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

sophiesmom
02-18-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm going to try it for 3, but looks like your 1st is a lot younger than mine. DD is 4 1/2 so don't need to carry much for her. DS hopefully will be potty trained by the summer. :-) Then I'll have the baby stuff. :-)

kristabn
02-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Wow - I hadn't been back to check on my post in a while and was surprised to see so many responses. And so thorough too! Thank you all for your input. I think you changed my mind to the Fling now!
Kristin