PDA

View Full Version : PPB or Fleurville

pasha
02-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone
DH bought me a fleurville for valentines day but he mentioned I could exchange it for a PPB as they were the same price and he couldnt decide which to get me.
I like the fv but have to be honest in that I am not as keen on the plastic overlay. My question is however, what are the advantages of each and if you had a choice why would you choose one over the other?
My concern is storage (i bf so no bottles per se), diapers, clothes, solids, etc - that is easy to carry . We also carry dd in mei tai, sling, etc. so please consider

Any suggestions on which to get?!

clc053103
02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
What a nice gift! Which Fleurville did he give you?

I have a PPB and though I love the fabric the organization is pretty sad. I have the boxy backpack. Since you use a sling though, the backpack style may suit you very well! PPB are not as durable as a fleurville- the fabric snags and is dry clean only, the lining is not water proof- just water resistant. Minimal pockets.

I think my choice for an every day bag would be a Fleurville Sling Tote over a PPB- I just think it's a pain to handle, starts to get floppy too quickly. But it is so pretty, that you can't go wrong with either!

mommabear
02-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Another vote for the FV.
I had the Alpha 7 and now have a mothership. I was using bottles and needed more space. I have not had a sling tote. As pretty as the PPB are they just don't seem that great. FV has better straps and organization and is more durable.

pasha
02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
he got me the pink mothership one... I guess I'll keep it! Thanks guys

AddiesMom
02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
I have a PPB and I am not impressed at all. The strap always slid off my shoulder, now I have a different strap from an old laptop case attached to it! There is only 1 small pocket inside and the fabric is beautiful but not built for everyday wear and tear, I am always careful as to where I am placing it. Now I want to try the Fleurville!

Michelle

Addison born 11-9-05

floridamommy
02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
I am a huge FV fan. I have 3 motherships and one sling tote. I also keep a MT or pouch with me and the mothership seems to hold everything I need. Wouldn't trade it for any other bag.

almostamom
02-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I've not had a PPB, but I did have a mothership. I sold it after using it one time. I hated the plastic! I also live in a very hot climate so that might not be an issue depending where you live.

~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

bubbaray
02-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Nice gift! You might find the FV Slingtote more useful longterm. The Mothership & bulky is really heavy when packed. I can't recall the pricing, but if it is cheaper, you could always add on a wristlet or escape pod.

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

carolines mommy
02-19-2006, 12:26 AM
I've had a mothership and an alpha 7 and now have 2 sling totes. If you aren't keen on the plastic, the sling totes are available in black or green ballistic which have no plastic. I have a black ballistic and the plastic covered floral sky. I love them both and switch back and forth between the two regularly. I can pack for both kids in the sling tote. The mothership was too bulky after awhile and the alpha 7 just wasn't getting the love it deserved so I sold both.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05