PDA

View Full Version : HAHA...I'm BACK!!!

sbjf
02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
(as I rub my hands together with an evil grin!) Ok, so baby number three is due in July and I think I'd like a new diaper bag.

I fondled the Fleurville Sling Tote tonight and put one on hold until Saturday. I have a couple of questions about this bag.

Do you think it's large enough for 3 babies? I am not a big packer, I store a bunch in the car, but I do need it to fit 2-3 Snack Traps and 2-3 sippy/straw cups (the tall Playtex type) in addition to at least 3-4 diapers, the wipes container, 3 bibs, my planner, cell phone, etc..

How many cups/bottles can it feasibly hold?

What do you like/love about this bag? What do you find lacking in it? Is it comfortable to wear on the shoulder, mesg. style? Does it attach to the stroller handle? Any other thoughts on this bag? Best price for it? My store had it for $145 I think, they had a Tiffany blue color w/gray, a pinkish brownish floral, and that bright pink and green striped pattern. What are your fave colors, remember I have two boys and I need my dh to be able to carry it for me sometimes. But I'm leaning towards that pinkish brownish floral anyway, maybe the Tiffany colored blue one.

The only other one I'm considering is the Vera Bradley Diaper Bag, any thoughts on that one??

THANKS!! And of course I'll take any suggestions for other bags to consider!! (but my dad gave 100 bucks the other day and it's burning a hole in my wallet, so I'm itching to buy something over the weekend!)

sbjf
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok, I'm bummed. I'm looking at past threads about the ST and it seems that there is only the one bottle holder?! That removeable one is it?? I was hoping that I could fit a sippy cup in each of those interior outside/side pockets, kwim?

TaChapm
02-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Bonnie,
I am going to be in the same situation as you. I had a sling tote and I don't think it would be big enough for 3 kids. I had a hard time packing it for 2. It is a great bag but just not enough room to get in and out of it comfortably.

I had a Posh Ultimate when I first had Tyler and sold it after the first few months. I am wishing I still had it because I think it would be perfect for 3. It was a little too big for 2.

Over all I have been so pleased with my Skip Hop Dash. It is by far my favorite bag. To me it has more room than the Sling tote. I wouldn't be without it. I think it could work for you.

I remember lusting over the pictures of your Loom Marsupial before you had John. I am still on the fence about getting one. Do you think it would work for 3. I am also considering the Fanci Free bag or LB Superstar. I just wish the Superstar had some more neutral fabrics.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William 6-9-05
OMG!!! Baby #3 Due September 5, 2006!

http://b4.lilypie.com/gzWfm8.png

http://b1.lilypie.com/kLMem8.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/UEZ3m8.png

sbjf
02-17-2006, 01:17 AM
I have thought about getting the Marsupial again, I loved that bag, but the thing that is stopping me is the strap and width of the bag itself. It's hard to explain, but the strap is really wide on top, and actually was so wide that some of it went off my shoulder, it was comfy and never slipped off, but I think I looked bigger bodied with it on me. And then the bag itself is so wide (which is nice in a way of course) that it also seemed to go way past my butt and way past my tummy when I held it on my shoulder, again making me feel clunky. Those are my only two gripes about that bag. I love the way it's made, LOVE it. I love the organization, too. I just don't know if I can get past the size of it. The Mothership is too big/cumbersome for me as well, though again, it's a great bag. I'm finding that with carrying babies, holding hands, bending down, etc., I need to be as streamlined as possible, I cannot have a cumbersome bag swinging from me. That's what I like about the ST, it seems like it will fall nicely on my body, can be worn messenger style and stay close to my body rather than sticking out from my body. Does this make sense?

I'm really not a big packer (I don't put extra clothes in there), only the minimum really since I keep most of my extras in the car. So I don't feel I need something super roomy, but the cup/bottle holders are a must. I have the LL Bean diaper bag right now and I love it actually, but it does bug me that there is only one bottle/cup holder. Right now my boys can share a sippy cup, but I don't think I can get away with that come the summertime.

I think I may go with the ST and just use my freebie Similac bottle holder bag (which is insulated and holds 2 strawcups/bottles) with it. The ST is tall enough and has enough shape to it that I think the bottle holder will sit nicely in the middle of it. I'll bring it to the store on Saturday to test this out.

I will also check out the other bags you mentioned, I haven't heard of them! ETA: I have heard of the Dash, and I like the looks of that very much, but the velcro is stopping me.

Thanks so much, Tara!! (can you believe 2 former infertiles like us are on number 3 now?!?!)

MichelleRC
02-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi Bonnie!

Try the Lexie Barnes Superstar or the Bumble Bags Jessica--They should both have plenty of room for gear for 3 little ones. I agree that the ST, as cute as it is, will not be big enough.

Good Luck!

sbjf
02-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Is there a bag that might be large enough that has 2 outside (one on each side) bottle/straw cup pockets, like the Lexie Barnes Darling?

The Darling seems very cute, wouldn't that be big enough? I just need to carry:

2-3 bottles/straw cups
2-3 snack traps
3-4 diapers, 1 wipes case, 1 changing pad, 1 tiny Aquaphor.
1 Safety First Harness (bunches up small)
My planner/wallet (all in one), keys, cell phone.
Maybe a little toy or two.
Maybe a zip lock of 2 spoons, teething snacks, jar of applesauce occassionally.

That's pretty much it.

What about the Vera Bradley Baby Bag?

sbjf
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a couple of stores near me who sell these so I'll go look in person asap, but I'm curious to know which style/size is good for 3 babies.

cdlamis
02-17-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm looking at past threads about the ST and
>it seems that there is only the one bottle holder?! That
>removeable one is it?? I was hoping that I could fit a sippy
>cup in each of those interior outside/side pockets, kwim?

I can fit a sippy cup into the other interior pockets- not just the "bottle pocket". I have the taller First Years sippy cups (wo/ handles) and they fit tightly into the pockets.

I personally think that this bag will be big enough for 3 kids (for short trips at least)- especially if have extra supplies in the car. Besides all the normal stuff, I always carry a sippy for each and my large water bottle, a snack trap plus another hard shell snack holder plus 2 wallets and a cell phone.

I love, love, love my ST and it will be last bag that I buy. HTH~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04