PDA

View Full Version : I bought the Vera Bradley Baby Bag today!

sbjf
02-19-2006, 05:35 PM
I compared the dimensions of all the bags I was considering and the VB is one of the top 2 biggest (see my choices and their dimensions below), yet is so very light due to the cotton fabric, and not too boxy/stiff, it's very soft and pliable which I like. Also, the price is in the mid range of all the ones I was choosing from.

The store near me only had four of the VB Baby Bags in stock, they had the Petal Pink and Sherbet (my 2 favorite patterns for spring/summer), Apple Green or Bermuda Blue (can't remember), and Piccadilly Plum. Since they had my two favorite patterns in stock I felt it was meant to be. I chose the Sherbet. http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?Sku=183&

The size is great, and the exterior pockets are super (one bottle holder on each side of the bag, and my straw cups fit in them; a front pocket that holds my cell phone, keys, gym id cards, lip balm and spare cash that I toss in; and a long pocket along the back that holds the pretty and soft changing pad.), but there are not as many interior pockets (2 nice sized ones that fit a travel diaper container and/or 3-4 size 4 diapers) as I'm used to so I will use some separate little bags (like a clear cosmetic bag, and/or a small soft lunch box for snacks, and a Diapeee & Wipees) to help keep my stuff in order on the inside.

I'm pretty happy with it so far! It's satisfying my Pink Binge. :-)

I'm going to fill it up tonight. Thanks so much for all the help to all of you ladies!! http://www.network54.com/Realm/ttcyfcsmiley/Thanx.gif

LL Bean DB: 13"H x 12"W x 5¾"D

LL Bean Heatwave: 13"H x 16"W x 7"D.

Vera Bradley BB: 16" x 12" x 6 ½"

Posh Baby Ultimate: 14 x 12 x 6

Silver Line Fling: 14" wide x 12" high and 4" deep

Silver Line Conv backpack: 14"H x 13"W x 5.5"D

Bumble Jessica: 16.5"L x 13.5"H x 4"W

Vera Bradley Carry All: 11 ¼" x 9 ½" x 6 ¼"

Lexie Barnes Superstar: 12.5"h x 17"w x 6"d

Edited to add more pocket details.

chubbycheeks
02-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah for you! I love Vera Bradley, and sherbert is such a nice choice for the summer (I have a hangbag and a tote in that pattern). I have been toying with the Baby Bag for such a long time, I pick it up most everytime I visit my local retailer. But for some reason I am yet to buy it. . I think I worry about the lack of pockets inside. I just got a Carry All in Bermuda Blue and I love it, but I am still searching for the perfect 'larger' bag. I am surprised that I don't see VB mentioned more when mamas ask for bigger bags. I love the fact that they are machine washable and light. I'd love to hear some feedback about the internal organization once you use it for a bit. . My local retailer is have a 20% off sale in a couple of weeks and I am itching to get something. Maybe its a sign that it should be the Baby Bag!! LOL!

sbjf
02-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the thumbs up! The Pink Petal was the other Spring/Summer pattern I liked, also the Piccadilly Pink is pretty, maybe for Fall though. I loved the Java Blue but they didn't have that in the Baby Bag, plus I really wanted pink tones.

20 percent off is super, you have to get one! Stuff it, carry it at home and see what you think, just keep the tags on for a while. Now I wish I had searched other local VB carriers to check on sales, it didn't even occur to me! I love the design of the Carry All, but it was just too small for me. It would be very cool if they would make an XL Carry All, or a Baby Bag in that style (with the 2 exterior bottle holders).

I'll take pics of mine after I have the interior organized and I'll post them. :-)

chubbycheeks
02-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh I would love to see pics of it packed up! I know, the Carry All is just barely big enough for me with two. I got it because my oldest is just about fully PT, so I really only have one in diapers and I breastfeeed. I love the Java Blue, its my favorite of the new spring line. I see how having two boys (I do as well) would make you need some pink in your life!! I am lucky that the store near me has a HUGE selection, they always stock most all bags in all patterns, so I have a lot to choose from. Not sure if the sale that they are running is specific to their store, they call it the Trunk Sale and they do it each your, so maybe other VB stores do it as well?

sbjf
02-20-2006, 10:53 AM
They may, I am going to check for sure because I'll probably want a nice fall pattern eventually (in the Baby Bag again).

I breastfed both of my boys, and I will this next baby, but now they are using straw type sippy cups so I need pockets for them. That's why when mamas say 'I breastfeed, so...', I don't understand that logic, as a nursing mom, I like to have at least one bottle pocket for a bottle of water, and eventually you will want bottle pockets for sippy cups, no? Just something I think about whenever someone mentions nursing and diaper bags. I guess maybe other moms figure they'll just get a new bag when they need pockets for sippy cups, or use a bottle bag then.

I will definitely post pics of it within a week or so. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my food stuff (2 bibs, 1-2 applesauce, 2 snack traps) in a clear cosmetic type bag or a small insulated bag. I like the idea of being able to quickly see inside it to check to see if I need to restock, but then again, the insulation may be handy sometimes.

mommato2boys
02-20-2006, 12:39 PM
I am going to try and post some pictures of my new vera bradley bag, let's hope this works!

mommato2boys
02-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I am so glad I got it to work, it didn't the first two times I tried.
I bought the vera bradly bag and love it. It is light and easy to use. I do wish it had two more pockets on the inside but if that is my only complaint, I am happy!!! I carry everything I need for the entire day, since I leave my house early in the morning and return at least after six pm, I would rather be prepared then need something. I carry several changes of clothes with me (I have four in the bag right now but most of the time two or three.) The bag is pretty stuffable. I love the print, it is cute but not to girly which is great since I have boys. I would like a toy sack for my toys, to make it easier to find everything. So far, this is by far, my favorite bag. I can hang it over the handle of my peg stroller and on my quest (have to be careful for tipping on the quest though)
I carry a lot as you can see. Excuse the background, these are taken at work in my construction office. But you get the point!
I highly recommend these bags!!!!

I find that this bag holds as much maybe more than my landsend dia. As a big diaper bag, it rocks!!!! And the price is affordable! I even bought my sister one for a work bag!!!!(just take out the changing pad)

sbjf
02-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Gorgeous!!! I just love that Java Blue, I think that if my store had had the Baby Bag in that color it would have been a tough choice for me between that and the Sherbet.

I agree that this bag is a fantastic. Like Chubbycheeks said, I'm surprised it isn't talked about/recommended more around here.

I'll post pics of mine soon, too.

chubbycheeks
02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh wow, love the color! And it looks great all packed up! Sure looks like it can hold a lot. You know, I was thinking I may miss the interior pockets, but come to think of it I always start the day off with everything in the bag where it should be, but when I come home it all seems to have managed to end up in a big pile at the bottom of the bag, LOL! So maybe I really don't need lots of pockets.. . OK, I am convincing myself that I NEED ONE!!

mommato2boys
02-20-2006, 02:30 PM
I would like more pockets just to put the little stuff in, and put diapers in, right now I just have them in the bag, it works, I carry a lot of diapers with me. I HATE the feeling that I MIGHT run out. I like the just in cases!!!!

Aside from the pockets on the inside, there are NO other complaints. So it might be the perfect bag!!!!!

chubbycheeks
02-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Has anyone had both the new style pictured here and the older style (plastic lining, no bottle pockets outside, there pockets on the outer front) and can comment about both? I have seen a couple of the older style for a good price, but I like the look of the newer one better. Not sure if I should just go with the new one since I like the colors and style better. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts! TIA!

mommato2boys
02-21-2006, 05:02 PM
I had the older one with my first child (more of a retangle shape). I think the older one was a little bigger and held more in it. I liked the fact that the older one had more inside pockets which one could be used to hold a bottle. I never carried my bottles in my diaper bag so it wasn't an issue. It was very easy to find things and worked nicely. With that said, I love my new vera bradley bag, I love the print and I am using the side pockets for a spare sippy cup to take with me just in case!! But I miss those inside pockets. I would go with what you can afford or what you perfer pattern wise. I love my new print, but there was some awesome red prints that I liked too!!! Where are you finding older VB bags? I would love to pick up a red one in the older style if I could find it!!!

chubbycheeks
02-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the insight! I saw some of the older baby bags on ebay, and they were pretty reasonable. I also saw them online (though you can't order online anymore) at Browns on 5th I think. Going back to check now!