PDA

View Full Version : Why all the Skip Hop fuss?

Rachels
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I have one and I have to say I don't love it. It weighs a ton. It also isn't that useful-- when I've got stuff in the pockets, they kind of crowd out the main compartment. I'm not feeling the love.

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

sbjf
02-20-2006, 08:17 AM
I've never tried one, but I just bought the Vera Bradley Baby Bag, and I recommend this one. It has a lot of space (16" x 12" x 6 ½"). I agree that on many bags the center space or outside pockets get tight due the inner pockets being used. Take a look at the VB Baby Bag in person if you can, you might prefer it. It wasn't my typical style of bag, but suddenly I wanted it instead of my usual look, it's just so classic, tried and true.

Ohio_Mom
02-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm right there with you. I agree with everything you wrote... I ordered one based on all the hype, and ended up promptly returning it because I was so disappointed in it.

Oh, well! To each her own!

clc053103
02-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I think diaper bags are just really personal things! LOL

I have a Dash and I really do love it- but what works for me may not work for you! I do agree if you overpack the pockets it does crowd body of the bag - but I find that there's space at the bottom if you dig. I still really like the bag- it's rugged and a nice size, has good pockets, a nice changing pad and is great to hang on my stroller.

I also have a PPB boxy backpack- the organization is terrible, the changing pad seems cheap, it's lined in thin muslin, has no pockets,is dry clean only, got "smooshy" almost immediately, the strap is so slippery it falls right off your shoulder, and it has baby-waking-loud velcro that pulls the fabric. However, others wouldn't trade theirs for the world- it is "the" bag for them!

You should try selling your Skip Hop on the babybags site- they seem to go well over there! I wish I could do it with my PPB but it was a gift from my MIL so I simply can't!

daniele_ut
02-22-2006, 04:50 PM
I thought the same thing after I bought a Duo, but I really do love my Dash. I carry it pretty much every day now and it has been my favorite bag so far. I don't find that I have a problem with crowding in the main compartment.

The PP is right, I would try selling it on swap if you aren't in love with it!

julieakc
02-23-2006, 03:11 AM
ITA with one of the pp...diaper bags really are personal preference....what works great for some, won't for others. It's al a matter of your packing style, what you carry, etc. Initially I thought the Duo would be too small for me, but now it is the bag I am currently using daily and I really like it. I also had a Dash and liked it as well.

Also, I think sometimes you have to experiment with how to pack a particular bag to get the best fit for your things. When I first packed the Duo I was packing one way, and then I tried changing things around and it worked even better.

DebbieJ
02-24-2006, 03:18 AM
I never felt the love either, Rachel. Sold mine pretty quick, got a Kecci MommyBag. My big splurge was a Fleurville Sling Tote, which I LOVED, but now it's too much bag for us.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Rachels
02-27-2006, 06:45 AM
What's the link for babybags swap?

-Rachel
Mama to Abigail Rose
5/18/02
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
Nursed for three years!

and Ethan James
10/19/05
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/bf.jpg

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya

kboyle
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
While I'm not a big fan of the Duo, the Dash has been the PERFECT diaper bage for ME. It can hold EVERYTHING that I need, including in the pockets, and it's not too "diaper bag" looking. I've got the camo one and it looks just like a regular messenger bag.

I've tried others and they've been either TOO big, too small, or not enough pockets, this one seems to have it all for ME!

cynsteele
03-09-2006, 06:08 AM
I love my dash, it is the perfect size for me. The only thing is the changing pad seems so tiny. My baby is only 1 month old but already barely fits on it. I ordered a larger pad (patemm) so hopefully that will work out better!

I can fit alot into my SH dash and like the organization.

It's like purses - personal preference and depends on how you like your organization and how it feels when you carry it. No one bag is right for everyone.

Cynthia

bailey336
03-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I guess I'm the opposite...I had a Dash & hated it & sold it right away. I love my Duo, but only use it when I am packing lightly. Plus, it matches my stroller, which I love!! :)