PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley..What's the smallest bag that can still work as a diaper bag??

MomtoAveryAndCamryn
02-21-2006, 03:17 PM
And can easily fit:

2-3 size 3 diapers
Pampers Wipe Case
Light weight blanket
2 or 3 small infant toys
Advent beginner sippy cup
Wallet, keys, cell phone

I have a Kecci Shanghai MommyBag that I love for our long trips, shopping, church, when I have both kids with me, but I'm looking for something smaller to grab when I am just going out with my 6 month old, like to my mom's biblestudy, etc.

I was thinking a Vera Bradley bag, but not sure what size. I don't want a huge bag.

Sara
Avery (12-4-02)
Camryn (7-31-05)

sbjf
02-21-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm new to the Vera Bradley line, but I think the Carry All might a good small sized diaper bag. The only thing is that I don't think it has a bottle holder. I know there are other moms here who have many VB bags and I'm sure they will help you, too.

What pattern do you like? There are so many pretty ones available. :-)

chubbycheeks
02-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I have a carry all that I really like and would fit all you are asking about! It has four inner slip in pockets, and there are two side bottle pockets on the outside. There is also a back full length outer zipper pocket and two front pockets too. Its a great small/mid size diaper bag.

Also, you could check out the Besty and the Villager if you like tote styles. They both have zipper tops and I believe six pockets inside.

Just today I got the backpack (yes, I am a Vera-holic) and I think it would be a great small bag for a quick trip, but I don't think it would hold all you are needing to hold.

HTH!

sbjf
02-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I didn't realize that the Carry All had the side bottle pockets, how perfect! That really is an ideal small-medium sized diaper bag then.

So, what pattern did you get the backpack in?! :-)

chubbycheeks
02-22-2006, 07:03 PM
I got the backpack in Classic Black. .. .very nice! Think I am going to shoot for the Baby Bag in Java Blue!

sbjf
02-22-2006, 08:00 PM
I love the Java Blue, love it! I'm planning on getting another VB Baby Bag in a fall/winter pattern, do you think the Java Blue would be good for that or should I look into more fallish/winterish patterns? When do they release their new patterns anyway?

chubbycheeks
02-22-2006, 08:06 PM
I personally think the Java Blue is a great color that I would use all year. But, it's always nice to have a reason to look for another bag IMO! I *think* the fall colors come out in September-ish?

jennab
02-23-2006, 02:51 PM
The carry all is a great bag for quick trips like that and can pack very easily! I could get a sippy in one end, a skinny water bottle for me in the other, dipes, wipes, my wallet and diaper cream in the inside slip pockets, and still have room for a small folded blanket, a change of clothes, a few small toys, etc. It even has a key clip!

I think its much better organized than the diaper bag even. I wish Vera Bradley would add a few of these features to the diaper bag, or make a bigger carry all (so that it would work for 2!)

I agree - the Java Blue would be a great color for fall, but the blue makes it sweet enough for year round!
I bought one in apple green last year, and found it too spring-like for fall, so I think I'm going to have to pick one up in Java Blue.

annasmom
02-24-2006, 03:27 PM
I used to use my Betsy as a diaper bag, it was great. The internal pockets kept most everything organized, and I kept the big stuff (diapers, wipe case) in the center. I haven't used it this way in probably over a year though now so unfortunately I cannot get into specifics. My recollection was that I could carry 2 diapers, wipe case, wallet, cell phone, formula container, bottle (or 2), keys. That seems comparable to your needs, except for the blanket, I don't think that would fit. Good luck!

sophiesmom
02-24-2006, 05:34 PM
I love the new java blue! i may end up getting a silver line fling as a new bag.. but was wondering which style is good for a purse for me. i want an average size bag, with a few interior pockets. i've checked out the little betsy and that doesn't look too bad, but was hoping maybe someone here would have some opinions!

nd93
02-24-2006, 07:34 PM
I am looking for a small purse in java blue, and think I'm going to get the maggie. When I was looking at them, I saw the little betsy. I liked all the inside pockets, but the shoulder straps are kinda short. If I wanted a medium bag, I would seriously consider the new hobo (redesigned). It has 3 inside pockets, outer zip, and nice strap length. For a little bigger, the bucket tote was great too.

sophiesmom
02-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks, I will check out the maggie and the new hobo! I really like that print, wish it was out this past fall!