PDA

View Full Version : Questions about different Looms and PBK Ultimate and Fleurville

jkabopenguins
02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Oh this website is killing me. Just when I think I've made up my mind, more great bags abound! I have a few questions. I absolutely love the look of the Loom bags. I saw one in person today and fell in love. I don't know if it was the bandicoot or marsupial though. I am looking for a small diaper bag that is a bit bigger than the LE LT, but not too big. My PP is definitely too big for quick trips to the store. How do the bandicoot and marsupial compare? Also, it's hard to tell from their website, but does the bandicoot actually look similar to the marsupial when it's in the messenger position? I love the look of the marsupial, but fear it will be too big.

Now, I just looked at the PBK Ulitmate online and it is beautiful as well. I wish there were other colors though. I love the ice blue of Loom. I saw that someone on here likes her PBK. Anyone else?

Finally, I was going to get the Fleurville (sling tote I think?). I saw that in person today too, and now I'm not so sure. It seems like it might be a bottomless pit? I only saw it being carried, so I didn't get to look inside. It was so weird. I went to a play group for the first time and the three bags I've been considering were all there. I got to look at the Skip Hop up close and don't want that one. I am terrible at making decisions and would love some advice from you all. Thanks so much!
--Jen :)

tobycat
03-02-2006, 12:03 PM
I loved the look of the Bandicoot and bought one. It fell apart within a month of very light use. It was uncomfortable as a backpack. I think the lower straps were too close together (and I thin). It was hard to get stuff in and out. I don't know if it was redesigned since last year. I sent it back.

I looked at the Sling Tote IRL and thought it was too heavy unpacked.

The Skip Hop was lacking a secure closure. I like a zip top.

I bought a Lexie Barnes Darling. Cute, light, stuffable, waterproof, adjustable strap. I plan on using this bag even when I don't need a diaper bag.

Candice

tobycat
03-02-2006, 12:09 PM
I forgot to add that I really like the looks of the Oi Oi Hobo, but haven't seen one IRL.

Candice

tmrbwilson1998
03-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi, Jen! I had the ST and I can attest to its weight and black hole! It was my first *real* diaper bag...and although it had many good features, the fact that it was so heavy before packed (and I am now packing for 2) and that it is a "bottomliess pit" for me and my needs. The black hole effect was also on my "con" list.

I used a LE LT for DS up until he was over 2, and although I do appreciate this bag, I had been looking around for a while for something a little bigger as well. I finally found a great everyday bag - the Lexie Barnes Darling. My print comes with a black interior, but the shape makes it super easy to organize with cosmetic bags. There are plenty of small interior pockets for Mommy stuff. The side exterior bottle pockets are mesh with an elastic-drawstring top, so pretty much ANY bottle will fit in those things! I totally love this bag and because it the side panels are vinyl-laminate, it can take the rain (or your 3yo stepping on it!). I also love that the bottom is black nylon, so even if I put it down on the dirt (say, when I am running after the 3yo!), no problems or worries with staining or tearing.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there...although LB was not on your list, you may want to see if you like any of her Spring prints due out in a month or so. Good luck!

HTH!
Tina

jkabopenguins
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Thank you Candice and Tina! This is so funny. I've spent the last few days on the Yahoo baby bags site and about 10 minutes ago saw the LB Darling! I was coming over here to see what people say about that one!! You ladies might have just sold me on it! Do you recommend a good place to buy one from? Thanks again!!

feierabend35
03-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I would get it from Jen @ expressivetoys.com
She is awesome!

tmrbwilson1998
03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Jen at Expressive Toys is great! There are 2 other Mommy-owned sites...these Mommies are also members of the Yahoo babybags group (and I think here, too!): Julie at preciouspersonalities . com and Anne at bebecandy . com. I would wait (if you are more patient than me!) until April when the new patterns come out!

Good luck!
Tina

jkabopenguins
03-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Hi Ladies! Just an update. I couldn't wait for the April patterns. I bought a Hanabi Darling. I spent way more than I should have (since they are so hard to find). I love the print so much, I couldn't help myself. I can't wait to get it! Now watch the new patterns will come out and I'll like those better. Thanks for all your help!!

tmrbwilson1998
03-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Yay! I am so happy you were able to get one! And don't worry - even if you decide you like another print better, there are so many Moms here and on the Babybag Yahoo swap group who would gladly take it off your hands!

:)
Tina

jkabopenguins
03-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks Tina!! :)

TereasaT
03-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Wow! You must have really loved that Hanabi print to buy that one on Ebay. Actually, I love that print, too and have the Hanabi darling as well. In fact, I love that fabric so much I even had a baby carrier made out of it, LOL