PDA

View Full Version : Kidarooz bike trailer question

mommyj_2
03-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I found one old thread about these, but was hoping for more feedback, since the thread was from 2004.
Do any of you have the Kidarooz bike trailer they sell at Costco? I saw it yesterday, and was hoping to find out if anyone had feedback on these. The old thread said they were made by Chariot.
I'm debating between this and buying a Burley. I'm just wondering if the Burley is worth the extra $. I would probably buy a Burley solo. I know the Kidarooz trailer Costco has is a double.
I plan to ride with my DS in the afternoons. I'm hoping to use it a lot to ride to the library and local parks.
TIA

tobycat
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I did a search for this bike trailer and don't know if it is made by Chariot, but it could be. Kidarooz does have a website that looks very similar to the chariot carriers website. Chariots are made in Canada and the Kidarooz are made in China.

We have the Chariot Cougar (single) and it is great! It handles great, seems to be comfy for DD. We have only used it in jogger mode so far, but plan on using it as a bike trailer this spring. The craftsmanship on this stroller is far better than any other stroller/trailer we have seen so far. No plasticky parts and very stable design. Easy to assemble/disassemble.

I haven't seen the Kidarooz so I can't compare. I'm going to Costco tomorrow and I'll see if they have one. It sounds like a good product on their website. I think REI had the Chariots on sale on their website.

Candice

mommyj_2
03-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Did you see them at Costco? If so, I would love to hear what you think, since you already have a Chariot.

tobycat
03-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Sorry, I have not had a chance to go to Costco yet. I still have it on my "to-do" list though!

mommyj_2
03-08-2006, 08:21 PM
No problem :)
I went and bought the Costco trailer but returned it the next day and bought a Burley solo. The Costco one was HEAVY (33lbs), and after lugging it home, I decided I'd rather just pay the extra $ and get a more reputable brand. I know in the past I've never regretted spending extra to get quality products, since the resale on good baby products is really high.

kreco
03-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Can you tell me how much it was? And did you take it out and check it out? Did it seem to be good quality?