PDA

View Full Version : Question of Size

Jazelle121
03-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Will a Timi and Leslie backpack be large enough for an infant and toddler. I am a moderate packer.

Thank You
Jennifer
Mom to Kayla(11/04)
New bundle due(4/29)

tmrbwilson1998
03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi, Jennifer! My kiddos are 2 1/2 yrs apart (DS is 3, DD is 6 mo) and I recently purchased a T&L backpack from the Yahoo Babybags group and it (along with my Darling) are my main bags. It is a bit awkward as it does not sit quite right on my back, but it is the only "pretty" backpack I could find with padded straps. (Silverline has a convertible backpack/messenger, though none in prints or pretty brocade!) Here is what I pack:

Inside
- large cosmetic bag - extra set of clothes for DD
- medium cosmetic bag - (about the size of a Diapees and Wipees) - 2 pull-ups, 2 sz 4 Cruisers
- small cosmetic bag - first aid and medicines (Orajel, Tylenol) for babes
- very small cosmetic case - my things (chapstick, gloss, compact, advil, barrette)
- 2 20 oz bottles of water in two of the elasticized interior pockets
- hard case of wipes
- back zippered pocket - pen, post-it pad, Fleurville thin changing mat
- small chunky book or 2
- couple of Matchbox cars or other toys
- teething toy

Front pocket
- PDA
- cell phone
- keys (I have a BUNCH of keys on multiple rings)
- sunscreen
- checkbook (when I need it)
- digital camera

I do like this backpack, and when I "wear" DD, the backpack is easier for me to use. The other nice little feature it has is a zipper in the back - when the backpack is on your shoulders, you can turn around and reach this little zipper into the main compartment, so sometimes I put my keys in through there so when we get back to the car I have easier access to the keys.

HTH!
Tina

PS I am going to attach a pic (pls excuse the pjs) of the backpack on me...it will give you a better idea of how funky it is when worn!

Jazelle121
03-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Thank you for the information. It has helped me tremendously.

Jennifer

tmrbwilson1998
03-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Good luck with your choice! :)

asmith130
03-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I have one and love it for 2! It has tons of space and is super comfy to wear. It doesn't look quite as "saggy" on me as the pp. I think I must have my straps tighter or something? My DDs are 14mo apart and the oldest is almost 2. I carry lots of snacks, toys, dipes/wipes, bottle (sometimes), sippy, wristlet, cosmetic pouch with ER stuff...

I get lots of compliments on it when I use it...I think it must be one of the prettiest fabric bps out there. Have fun shopping!