PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Posh Baby Ultimate Bag?

kris262
03-02-2006, 01:11 AM
We're going to be traveling a lot this summer and I'm currently looking for a diaper bag that is not as fragile as my Petunia Pickle Bottom. I've heard a little about these, but I can't find them anywhere. What are the pros/cons of this bag and where did you get them? Anyone know if they have any new fabrics coming soon? It looks like the 2 online that I like (chocolate fern and mocca are unavailable). There is one on ebay, but I wish I could see one irl before I buy it, but I may just have to go for it!

TIA,

Kristi

julieakc
03-02-2006, 02:34 AM
I have one, which I got from www.preciouspersonalities.com (a fellow BBB mom-owned site). I just recently got it so I don't really have experience with it out and about as, for me, it's too big for a daily bag..it's going to be my travel/long outing bag.

I do recall reading someplace that Posh will be coming out with nes fabrics soon, but I'm not sure exactly when.

As for pros/cons....the pros are that it holds alot, lightweight fabric, good organization, waterproof and wipeable fabric. The con is that it's pricey and that it might be too big for some (again, for me, it's not a daily bag), also the straps are kind of plain (no padding).

HTH,

kris262
03-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the info and the link! I checked out her site and they are all almost out of stock, too. Apparently this is becoming a very popular bag! I was a little concerned about the size. I'm only 5' tall and don't want a bag that's bigger than me, lol! The PPB is pretty big though, too. Are you familiar with that one? Do you know how close they are in size?

What made me decide on a search for a new bag (besides the fact that spring is coming and I want one) is a trip to the zoo this last weekend. I didn't want to get my PPB all yucked up and the organization is terrible. It's hard to find anything in it quickly. On the otherhand, I get compliments on it all the time. The Posh looks really cute, too. And although I've never really liked the plastic coated diaper bags, the Posh looks like its done really well. I wonder if the day bag is smaller?

Kristi

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/lamlamavi20041215_-9_Reagan+Maeve.png (http://www.baby-gaga.com/)

asmith130
03-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I had one and loved it! It's a great bag. I prefer to carry a bp so that's how I carried it. I feel funny with a big suitcase on my hip lol!

The organization is wonderful - you could be blindfolded and still find what you need. The fabric is still soft and flexible - it's a different process than vinyl over fabric.

I had the chocolate fern and ordered it directly from the posh baby site.

It's perfect for what you've described. HTH! Amy

tinainsala
03-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I have a Posh which I got at a great price off the Yahoo Babybags group. And I agree with the previous posts, it's quite large, I use it only for travel and all day/ longer outings. I also use it primarily as a backpack. It can get heavy depending on the contents.

Pros: Great organization, lightweight, convertible messenger backpack, love the waterproof fabric. I don't usually like vinyl covered bags at all but I like the way this one is done. I also use caribiners and hang it off the stroller during longer outings- another plus for me- the fabric/ colors look great on my stroller.

Cons: Pricey so I wouldn't get one unless you really like the fabric.

I think the backpack straps at the top are too close together giving the bag a strange sloppy look when on if it's not full. It's hard to explain but the flap kind of caves in- it doesn't have a nice rounded look to it.

Some feel the straps are too short but I'm 5'3" and they work fine for me- although I heard Posh is introducing longer straps on their new bags- I believe their new fabrics will be out soon (maybe in the next couple of months)

Black interior- may be a black hole effect for some- I'm fine with it because of the pockets and the bag width, I don't do much digging.

Also, some have complained about the quality of the bag hardware for the price.

I don't have a PPB so I can't compare but I think it's similar as far as it being a boxy backpack but less structured- the Posh is more floppy although it does stand on its own.

Don't know much about the day bag although I think someone on the Yahoo Babybags recently reviewed it.

Overall, it's a keeper for me. After going through many, many bags, I really love the bag- I can understand the complaints but mostly I'm happy with it because I got a great deal on mine and it works for me.
HTH!
Tina

julieakc
03-03-2006, 01:03 AM
I think the low stock issue is because of the new prints coming soon.

I've seen the PPB, but it's been a while and I haven't seen the two bags side by side, but I think that if your ok with the PPB size, you'd be ok with the Posh as well; the measurements of both bags are pretty close.

I think the day bag is just fabric without the waterproof coating, but I'm not sure.

The Posh is definitely not what you think of when you picture a vinyl bag...it is very soft and pliable. It's actually not vinyl at all...it's some sort of coating that is fused to the fabric to make it waterproof.

Organization in the Posh is really great...there's pretty much a specific spot for everything.

kris262
03-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to go ahead and order one sight unseen. It sounds like its just what I'm looking for! I was able to find the fabric I like on ebay, now I just have to decide if I want to wait for the new designs or get one now. I emailed Posh Baby directly to find out when the new ones are coming and I haven't heard back yet. Hopefully I will soon!

Thanks again everyone!

Kristi

AddiesMom
03-04-2006, 07:41 AM
I e-mailed them over a week ago with a question on a fabric, still waiting.................... :(

kris262
03-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Hmm, that makes me wonder... That's not the best cs. After getting your message I tried contacting them the old fashioned way, the telephone. Of course it's Saturday so I had to leave a message. I wonder if I'll get a call back?

The funny thing is there were a couple of stores here locally that were listed on the site as carrying Posh Baby products. One store was out of business, the other said they had never heard of the line, and the one store said they did not carry the diaper bags because they weren't the best quality. But then she tried to sell me on a Fleurville and another one called Rebe (handmade by an L.A. mom, not really my style and crazy expensive), so I'm taking her opinion with a grain of salt. I know they are handmade so I'm not expecting them to be on the same level as the bigger brands. I think I'll give them a few days to get back to me and then most likely order the mocca one off another site. I hope you hear from them soon! I keep thinking...what if the new ones are better, but then again, what if I don't like them! LOL!

Kristi

audball
03-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Kristi, I worked with Natalie (the owner of Posh Baby) a few times - mainly in the hopes that she would change some of the features of her bag to suit me (awful I know, but I do love my bags!). I asked her to consider making a version of the Ultimate in a slightly smaller size, with longer straps, to do away with the front zippers (just a big pocket instead), stiffer interfacing, and a few other things. She is based here in Portland, and I had called her about a QC issue on her bag and she replaced it for me in person!

Anyway, I know her new bags are fabrics of her own design and they will probably be available in April/May. The colorways are more pink, brown, light blue, and orange, with stripes and florals (similar to Amy Butler, but again, her own design).

She's a wonderful person but she does get swamped periodically. No excuse, I know but she is opening a retail store here in town and is designing children and maternity clothing now as well. So she may have slightly overextended herself LOL! Anyway, I hope you get a direct answer from her, but I thought I would brief you on what I know --- I know what it's like to wait for the "perfect" bag! :)

ETA: I did tell her she should keep her larger Ultimate since it is the perfect travel bag for a lot of people. We'll see if she brings in any new designs - I figured it was worth a shot since my chances of creating my own line of bags is practically nil and her bags are so close to perfect for us!

Laela
03-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I really love the look and feel of the Posh Ultimate, but it's way too big for me. I would love a smaller version. Do you think she's going to follow your suggestion?

audball
03-04-2006, 11:47 PM
She didn't confirm that she would - I gave her dimensions close to 12"x12"x4"-5"D, so it's significantly smaller than her Ultimate...but she said she would try to address the folks who were looking for a "toddler"-transition bag :)...

julieakc
03-05-2006, 02:52 AM
>I know they are handmade so I'm not expecting them to
>be on the same level as the bigger brands.

Actually if I didn't know they were hand made I would have never guessed it. IMO the quality is right up there with some of the "bigger brands" and better than a lot.

BTW, I used my Posh today on an all day shopping excursion and really liked it...I shoved a ton of stuff in there and still could have fit more. I have a feeling this bag is going to be one of those that I like more and more each time I use it.

kris262
03-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I could be wrong about it being hand made. I thought I read on her web site that all Posh Baby products were made by stay at home moms, but sleep deprivation sometimes causes me to hallucinate so I may be mixing it up with another product (lol).

Which pattern do you have? I was able to find the one I want on another web site so I'm going to go ahead and order it. Thanks for all the info it was really helpful!

Kristi

kris262
03-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Wow! That's a lot of projects she's undertaking! I can't even keep my house clean! No wonder she's not returning emails. And I am really impatient when it comes to new accessories!

I really like the bold look of the mocca and I wonder if her spring things will be a little subdued. Of course as soon as I buy that one, she'll come out with some fabulous new ones that I have to have! How many diaper bags are too many? Lol!

Kristi

julieakc
03-06-2006, 01:00 AM
No, I believe you are correct about them being hand-made...I'm just saying you'd never guess it by the quality...the bags are VERY well made, IMO.

I have the Astro print, which I really like. Actually I had initially ordered the Pebble, but then was afraid it would be too lime colored so I was able to switch my choice to Astro. It's a nice neutral print, but still has some personality too it.

javierandastrid
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi! I have the Posh diaper bag for over a year now, and i really love it.

I learned about this bag from this boards, of course. :) I had a few questions at first so i emailed Natalie. She responded in a few days, gave me her number, and answered all my questions. She's great!

I have traveled overseas 2x with this bag, and it worked out perfectly for me and my little boy. It still looks great. The material is so easy to clean,tons of organization, and definitely not as fragile as the PPB.

It's worth the money, to us at least.