PDA

View Full Version : what everyday diaper bag do i want?

paigepea
03-02-2006, 10:17 AM
i need a new every day diaper bag for my 5 month old. i'm currently carrying just a regular eddie bauer bag but i'd like something that now fits a toy or two. also, as we enter solids soon, i'll need some room for a small tupperware of food.

i want something styling, not too big, and easy to carry.

any ideas would be appreciated!!

TIA,
Paige.

nfowife
03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
My favorite everyday bags right now are the skip hop duo, land's end little tripper, and oioi hobo. They are all bags that can be worn tote or messenger style and the skip hop has special stroller attachments as well (the others have long enough straps to hang on a stroller too). All have external sippy/straw cup holders (a must once your little one starts taking a cup of water!) and internal pockets for stuff and room for toys. I'm not a really heavy packer and keep a change of clothes in my car but not in my bag, and I use disposeable changing pads because they take up less room. But I love all these bags, they are durable, casual, and plenty of room for me!

paigepea
03-02-2006, 10:54 AM
what are disposable change pads? i use a kushies change pad over the one that comes in the bag because i find it takes up way less room.

thanks for your ideas - i'm going to check them out.

paige.

nfowife
03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
They are just big folding pads that you can throw away after you change a baby on top. Huggies makes them (but they are a bit $$, 4 for $1), babies r us makes them as well (but theirs are pretty thin and not very cushy). My FAVORITE ones that I got the idea from this board, are to buy incontinence pads at the drugstore (near the adult diapers like depends). They are large, absorbent, cushy, and waterproof, and fold up very small. And you can throw them away so you don't have to put an icky pad back into your bag after changing baby. They are pretty cheap too, I got a package of 36 for about $6 (store brand), and I don't change my DD out and about a whole lot so I don't go through them very quickly.

tobycat
03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
I have been using the Lexie Barnes Darling since September. After trying a couple of different bags, this is my favorite. It is light, very packable, sippy pockets on outside, does not look like a diaper bag. I got the Hermosa print.... skulls, but not in a scary sort of way. I also use disposable pads, but the bag did come with one.

Candice

nfowife
03-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh, yeah I forgot about the darling! It's a great bag, but I didn't keep mine because it can't really be carried tote style. But for messenger style it is a great bag!

tmrbwilson1998
03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I second Candice - I love messenger-style bags and the Darling is WONDERFUL!! It is my main bag and is so comfy to wear. It has great functionality and is durable as well. I lived with my LE LT with my first one, and when I needed something a little bigger, the Darling fit the bill and surpassed all my expectations - you might be pleasantly surprised with this bag!

HTH!
Tina