PDA

View Full Version : diaper bag - i narrowed it down, which to choose?

paigepea
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
i want something not too big (i have a 5 month old who is BFing right now), something fun for spring/summer, and something that doesn't have to be carried tote style.

choices:
LB Darling
Loom bandicoot
ju ju be packable
oi oi backpack style

one problem with the darling is that i'd have to order on-line and it's expensive, but i think it's my first choice.

any thoughts,
paige.

asmith130
03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
I have had the darling and the packabe and the darling is definitely smaller. Both are great bags - I actually have sold one of each and have purchased them both again this week! Yikes! Sorry I don't have any experience with the others. You can't go wrong with one of these 2...I would say it depends if you want the bp option.

Have fun shopping!

audball
03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
It really depends on how much you have to pack, I think. The bandicoot is pretty small, but I have to carry a meds case with me for DS. It's very cute, but if you are concerned about the joey being on the outside with valuables, you probably will end up packing your wallet/cell phone on the inside, which will not allow for as much stuff.

I love the Darling - it's a great bag and very well organized for us. The bandicoot fabric, although waterproof, does sometimes pick up water spots. I'm not sure if it's the color I have (I have an avocado/gold), but I'm more careful about taking it out in the rain. The Darling is great for bad weather.

I don't have the ju-ju-be, but I had an oioi messenger. I loved the fabric and I thought it was pretty well made. They may not have the best organization, but they have pretty cool styles.

feierabend35
03-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I have the Packabe and the Darling and I love them both! If you want a smaller bag the Darling is it and if you want a nice, medium size bag the Packabe is great. Both are very well organized. If you want the backpack option the Packabe is nice, but I usually carry it messenger style- the versatility is nice. The mommy pocket and other pocket in the front is great, too.

Rach3975
03-05-2006, 12:55 AM
I don't have any of these, so I can't help there, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway! Once we started solids, I had to carry more with me to feed DS. So when you choose your new bag, you may want to make sure it has enough extra room to accomodate baby food and a bib, if you're going to be starting solids soon.