PDA

View Full Version : Deal on Silver Ling Fling?

cecsheets
03-06-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm looking for the best deal possible on a NEW Silver Line Fling. Anyone know of any special or sales going on right now?

I need someplace that has a friendly return policy, since I haven't seen this bag IRL. I bought the PBK Ultimate Diaper bag over the weekend. It's still in the bag, but I'm not loving it. So I'm going to get the Fling, and then make my decision which to keep. (I'd rather do a return than a re-sale.)

TIA, Christine

klm7926
03-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I just ordered the Fling form expressivetoys.com. It is $58 on their site. They also have a 10% off coupon code (Vendor10) and they offer FREE Priority shipping on this item! I just got mine yesterday and it got here really fast!!! You can find their return policy under the info tab on their site!

HTH!!

cecsheets
03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
I read their return policy and still have some questions. I called AND emailed yesterday but haven't heard back yet...

Christine

chubbycheeks
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I think that she may be unavailable for a couple of days. . I'm sure she'll get back to you just as soon as she can!

cecsheets
03-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Anyone know what's going on w/ expressivetoys.com? I STILL haven't heard back from her.

MNmomtobe
03-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I know you would rather not do a resale but given the 10% discount and free shipping plus the fact that expressivetoys retails this bag cheaper than a lot of other sites (I've seen them for $64), you wouldn't be out very much to order it. Then you may even be able to sell it at a profit on ebay or craigslist if you decide you don't like it.

julieakc
03-11-2006, 01:17 AM
I think she's gone until mid-next week. Jen is GREAT, so the lack of response is only because she's out of town.

strollinmama
03-12-2006, 11:58 PM
I purchased from Jen many times and have never once had a problem.

If she is not getting back to you, I'm sure there is a good reason.

sophiesmom
03-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Just wondering if you had found out if the bag would be returnable... I want to order one but want to be sure can return if i dont like it, can't quite tell from the website policy!

Amazon.com carries it but only has navy and pink, i wanted chocolate. Roseberry rooms has it for same price, but shipping is $11!

Thanks!

cecsheets
03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
These are the EXACT emails I got from Jen at expressivetoys.com.

First, regarding their return policy...

"As long as you don't use the bag and keep the tags on, you are OK. You will get refunded for the amount minus our shipping cost. Usually not more than $8.10 which is a flat rate Priority Box for NJ to say West Coast. Less obviously, the closer to NJ you are! We refund your original payment method."

Secondly, on order status as of my order date (3/15)...

"Just got off the phone with Silver Line and they are backordered on
almost all their product for approx. 2-4 weeks. They have agreed to Drop Ship all the backorders direct, so you will get them sooner. We will not charge you until your bag is shipped from them. Sorry for the delay and hope you can wait just a tad longer..."

Finally, Jen was out of town which was why I didn't hear back from her in a more timely manner. She had a new employee who was so busy filling orders she forgot to check email and voicemail! But I have to say that I've been EXTEMELY impressed w/ the level of customer service since then.

And you CANNOT beat this price and FREE shipping! I've changed my mind: If I decide against this bag, I'm probably going to re-sell it rather than do a return.

Christine

sophiesmom
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks! I had emailed her too and she did tell me it was returnable if unused. She responded very quick too!

Which color did you order? I'm thinking of going for the chocolate.

cecsheets
03-20-2006, 10:30 PM
>Which color did you order? I'm thinking of going for the
>chocolate.

I'm getting the splash blue/chocolate brown.

DH also got me the PBK ultimate diaper bag in red.

I'm only keeping one, the other one will be returned or go up for sale.

Christine

sophiesmom
03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I saw the PBK one too, was debating between that and the Fling. Let me know which you like!

cecsheets
03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Let me know which you like!

You're going to have to wait a month to hear back from me. (That's when I should be receiving the Fling.) Hopefully, my baby won't be early!

Christine