PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing: Bumble bags Madeline, Silver Line Fling, or Ju Ju Be Packabe?

MNmomtobe
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
I am looking for a diaper bag that can used on the stroller also.
Since I am an expectant first time mom I have no idea what size I would need or what I need to carry with me. I would think several diapers, wipes, change of clothes, bottles, burp cloths, a few toys, pacifier, etc. I am not planning on carrying a purse also so would need room for wallet, keys, cell phone.

I would not be able to see the SL Fling or the Packabe in person but have had a chance to see the BB Madeline which is so pretty but I am concerned about the durability. The fabric on the BB doesn't look like it would hold up to weather/stains very well. I love the stroller straps/backpack straps on it though.

Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

chubbycheeks
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM
First of all, congrats! I don't have any of the bags you mentioned, but I have read a lot about all of them. If I were you, I would go with the Fling. Everyone seems to love it, and from what I hear it is very stuffable and wipeable. Plus, it has tons of pockets which I find great for organizing. I have a Skip Hop Dash, which is similar to the Fling in size and shape, but Mamas tend to like the Fling even more so than the Dash (Fling has no noisy velcro and you can attach it to the stroller easier than the Dash). I am sure that you could fit all you mentioned in the Fling. I have two kiddos, a ten month old and an almost three year old and tend to carry quite a bit, and I can fit it all in the Dash (although I breastfeed, so I don't have the need for bottle room). I believe that Jen from Expressive Toys has the Flings for $58 shipped. You could always order and see if it fits your needs, then return or resell if it doesn't. Good luck!

klm7926
03-08-2006, 10:08 AM
My DS is 13 months old and I just got the Fling a couple of days ago. While I haven't had the chance to go out and about with it yet, I already LOVE it! I think it has plenty of room for all of my needs plus much more! Definitely enough for a newborn, IMO.

I ordered it from expressivetoys.com on a Thursday for $52.20 b/c they have FREE priority shipping AND there is a 10% off coupon code (Vendor10). I got it in the mail on Monday, so very fast shipping!

asmith130
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I prefer a backpack so I can talk about the Madeline and Packabe. I had a Madeline for a few days but never used it. The organization is very lacking IMHO. The outside pocket in the front is useless because it doesn't zip or snap or velcro or anything! What could you even keep in there?

The packabe is a nicely organized bag - lots of pockets and 2 good sized exterior pockets that have magnetic closures. It wipes clean and has a lining that is anti-microbial which is interesting! It seems they thought of everything.

If you want the bp option, I'd go with the packabe! HTH!

feierabend35
03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Here is another vote for the Packabe. I have and love it. It is easy to go from backpack to tote or messenger style so I love that versatility. It doesn't have stroller straps but I either just put the strap over the handles or use my Stroller Swivels and attach the clips on the side of the bag to the handles of the stroller- it works great!
I love that is has a mommy pocket for my wallet and cell phone and it zips open from the top for easy access. It has grea organization and plenty of room for what you need. I considered the Madeline but I'm glad I went with this one. Also, I am looking at the Fling but I don't love their color combos. I have the brown/blue Packabe and love that- but I'm also lusting after the new green/blue print!
I also have the JuJuBe Be All so I absolutely love these bags, they are very well made!!!

MNmomtobe
03-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks everyone! I still love them both but may just go with what I have (sad considering DD is not even here yet)- my LE do it all and LE LT til I decide which of the stroller bags will best suit my and DD's needs.