PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the Skip Hop Pronto? or the JJ Cole Essentials chg pad?

MNmomtobe
03-13-2006, 12:38 AM
I would like something like this to put in my regular diaper bag for a quick run into the bathroom to change DD if DH is with me to guard the stroller. Any thoughts? Is the SH Pronto too large to fit in a regular diaper bag? Would the JJ Cole pad be a pain to fold up and put in the little tote after each use?

hobokenmom
03-13-2006, 06:19 AM
IMO, unless you have a huge diaper bag, the pronto is too large to put into another diaper bag. I believe it's more of a free standing item that I think I'll use if I'm just running down to pick up one of my other kids (and wouldn't need the entire diaper bag) and I don't want to take the chance that I'd get stuck without a diaper.

I really haven't examined the JJ Cole pad, so I can't say whether that one is bigger/smaller, etc.

I found that it wasn't too difficult to just grab the pad, a diaper, and the wipes if I were with my DH, and I just needed to make a quick diaper change at a restaurant or something. You just have to be sure it's not a poop accident (up the back) where you'd need to change clothes.

Good luck!!

julieakc
03-14-2006, 01:32 AM
IMO, as the pp also stated the Pronto is more of a stand-alone quick trip bag, and would take up most of the room in all but the largest diaper bags.

The JJ Cole mat is definitely smaller and meant more as something that can be carried in bags. BTW, it folds into itself, you don't have to put it inside anything.

I CD and for me the JJ Cole pad was a tight fit to get just one CD and a hard wipes case in it. On the other hand the Pronto easily fits two CD (XL prefolds) and has a seperate place for the (included) hard wipes case. I keep my pronto in my car for changes on the go.

If you're interested you can email me privately and I can send you the link to my Kodak Gallery with side by side pictures of the two, and pictures of each of them in a sample of bags.

HTH,