PDA

View Full Version : organizing bags?

martycw
03-14-2006, 02:43 PM
What bags do you use in your (large) diaper bags to organize them?? Would love to hear any suggestions for cosmetics, diapers etc?

tmrbwilson1998
03-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi! Depending on the bag I am using and on how many kids I have with me (I have 2 in dipes), sometimes I use only my D&W. However, in most of my bags these days, I use a set of Lexie Barnes cosmetic bags. The set includes 4 bags in various sizes. Here is what I can fit in each one:

big one: set of 12 mo clothes (bodysuit and denim overalls, for example)

medium one: 2 sz 4 Cruisers, 2 sz 6 Cruisers or 4T pullups and if I do not want to carry a hard wipes case separately, I put a ziplock with wipes in this bag with the dipes

small one: Neosporin, 3 bandaids, infant Tylenol, gas drops, Orajel, Kleenex soft pack of tissues, a couple other odds and ends (cannot remember!)

smallest one: powder compact, Burt's Bees round tin, Vaseline tube, stick of lipstick, tube of lip gloss (I have NO idea wy I have so many lip products!), round tin of mints

Just to give you an idea, I can fit the bottom three in the Darling and still have room for a couple of toys, my PDA, camera, cell phone, F'ville wristlet, pen, post-it pad, and a few other odds and ends. I can squeeze in the biggest one if I need to do so. When I use my T&L backpack, I can fit all 4 cosmetic bags.

HTH, and Good Luck!
Tina

saschalicks
03-14-2006, 08:29 PM
I use a JJ Cole changing pad with hard wipes case inside. I have a wristlet from Old Navy with purell, roll of dirty diaper bags, shout wipes, Tide-to-go pen, tissues and more I can't think of right now. Two diapees and wipees. One for each kid with corresponding diapers in it. Small clear cosmetic case with infant Tylenol, infant Ibuprofen, mini first aid kit, neosporin. For my stuff I use a wristlet from a seller on e-bay. That holds a lot.

I'm thinking of buying these: http://babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?pmid=17832&dept=36
or these (one pouch for each boy's change of clothes): http://babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?pmid=17833&dept=36
or maybe both :)
HTH

gatorsmom
03-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Oo- I love to talk organization. It's an obsession with me. Ask my friends. They all want me to organize their houses. Anyway, I've got a system I love and developed from what other mothers suggested and what works for me. I use this diaper bag for my toddler and infant.

I have a Petunia Picklebottom which I love because it's a soft, very big, stylish backpack which leaves my hands free. In my diaper bag I have:

1. Gray cosmetics case with my makeup and "stuff" in (like tampons, lipgloss, etc.)

2. My wallet

3. Outer pocket easy to access is pen with paper and cell phone

4. Gallon size Ziploc baggie with size 4 diapers, wipes and samples of rash creme. (I use the size 4s on the baby and toddler and just sinch them up really good on the baby. Saves on carrying 2 sizes of diapers.

5. Gallon size Ziploc baggie with one change of clothes in it, sweatpants and t-shirt which fit my toddler but could dress the baby in if necessary. Sometimes I throw in a baby sleeper which would fit the baby.

6. Gallon size Ziploc bag with container of goldfish or pretzals and a Playtex (never leaks) sippy cup with juice and ice cubes for toddler. Bottle with ice and juice for baby. Usually also have a jar of Gerber chicken and pears dinner, bib and soft spoon in case we hit meal time while we're out.

7. In the inner pocket of my diaper bag I always keep tylenol infant drops, a couple extra packets of Gerber fruit snacks and an extra bottle of Gerber juice (they are small but you can add water to it to increase volume if necessary). During flu season I carry antibacterial wipes and kleenex in the front pocket. Always make sure to carry a small but fun toy which I change out from time to time.

****The first two are what I transfer from diaper bag to purse if I'm leaving the kids with someone. Everything I need to transfer from purse to purse to purse is in the gray case (which was just a free Lancome makeup bag) and my wallet. For the other things, I use Ziploc baggies in case some thing spills I can just toss it and get a clean one.

By paring stuff down to a minimum and always keeping the same things in my baggies, I can determine at a glance what I need to replenish.

HTH!

smilla653
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
I have been meaning to get a bunch of mesh bags by Walker in order to organize:

http://www.walkerbags.com/cm.html

mom to little e
03-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I found some great mesh bags at Target that I use. I actually found them in the home office/stationary aisles. They come in a set of three of large, medium, and small sizes and in two color sets, red/blue and orange/pink. I've bought two sets and use both sets in my Chester Backpack.

In one large, I carry a bumbkins bib, towelettes, toss away utensils, and a few snacks. In the second large, I carry all of my mommy cards - discount cards, library cards, punch cards, etc.

In one medium, I carry my medicine type stuff, tylenol, motrin, a plastic bag for accidents, etc. In the second, I carry extra diapering supplies.

In one small, I carry little mommy stuff, lipgloss, nail file, etc. Since they are mesh, I have actually washed them in the sink if they get messy. They work great for organizing because I can see the bright colors (inside my black lined chester backpack) and know what is in each bag and can see inside each bag. AND, they were cheap!

The other bags I carry in my diaper bag are my Chester cosmetic bag that came with the backpack. Inside I carry the mommy mesh bags (with cards, and with little cosmetics, etc.) I also carry the clear bag that came with the Chester that had two free burpcloths. In that bag, I carry toys for DS.

I love organizing!

Maryann

Ean 11/03
Mia 01/06