PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville seconds -- contacted them & some are available!

pampamz
03-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Update: I was looking for a sling tote "irregular". Currently Fleurville has brown & pink chocolate and also green balistic available. Had him check out the blue chocolate and he said no visual defects at all $70.00. SADLY they don't "do" Canada so I had to say bye-bye. Contact is David Reiss 866.510.8967.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone ever contacted Fleurville regarding deals on irregulars or seconds? Are they available, and is the price any good? Thanks!

clc053103
03-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I have not- but if you search I've seen several posts from people that have and got great deals- had great difficulty identifying any real defect on the seconds bags!

If you call, would you mind posting what they have available?

pampamz
03-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks -- I did find some posts on this (new user -- didn't notice out the search button until now!).
I will update after I call them.

chubbycheeks
03-18-2006, 03:53 PM
I have heard great things about the seconds, and have called myself in the past (but haven't ordered as they didnt have what I was looking for). I have heard they range from missing things like the wipes case, to having a run in the fabric or some ink marks somewhere on the bag. I believe that the price is about half off, before shipping. I would suggest calling, as I know I have been told that the inventory changes quite frequently, so once someone posts whats available, it will probably change in a matter of moments! I know I have e-mailed them in the past about seconds, and David suggested that I call if I wanted to order as what he had at the time he e-mailed me may have changed by the time I read it and was ready to order. Just my two cents. . HTH! :)

Laundraholic
03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm in Canada too... I had ordered a pink stripe MS, and luckily I have an aunt in the States who I was able to ship it too. She got the bag within a week, but unfortunately I won't be able to get the bag until she comes up to visit (within the next couple of months).

I haven't asked her to go over the bag or anything to find any defects, but from what I hear they're usually very minor (and many other I've heard aren't able to find the defect unless they know exactly what they're looking for). Not bad for 1/2 off :)

g-mama
03-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Thank you for this info! I just called David and bought the blue chocolate one - I can't wait to get it. I'm sorry, though, that your loss is my gain. :( Thanks again for updating us.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

cindylouhoo
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Was there only one available in each color? I'd be interested in the blue, too.

pampamz
03-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Glad I could help! Was very disappointed re: not shipping to Canada. I don't really understand that but what can you do. For sure NOT going to pay $189 as per the boutique in my area. Will have to keep searching. Or look for a different bag. Are there any vinyl coated bags comparable to the ST?

clc053103
03-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Thank you for posting!!!

If you search down a little, there was a post regarding other brands of vinyl coated bags. Tim and Leslie is the only one that comes to mind right now.

kboyle
03-22-2006, 12:44 AM
I purchased a 2nd quality Escape pod from David in the fall. He looked thru it and couldn't find the flaw & I can't find any flaw either. He will normally tell you what the problem is *supposed* to be, whether it be a run in the fabric, an ink mark, or sewing issues.

I've good experience, and now that I know Sling Totes are available again, I just might have to order one! But I do love my Dash, I don't know if I can cheat on him!

mshen
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Pam,
where in canada are you? i'll be visiting my parents in ottawa in 2 weeks (we might also be visiting Quebec city and toronto), and would be happy to get it for you. or if shipping is reasonable, i can ship it out of ottawa too... just let me know.

maggie
________
GROWING MARIJUANA (http://growingmedicalmarijuana.org)

g-mama
03-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Okay, I just received my Sling Tote second in the blue chocolate. It is missing the strap that allows you to use it as a messenger bag. David told me that it was not returnable, but also assured me that while it may have an irregularity (which he could not find), it definitely had all of its components.

Since it is missing this strap, do you think that this would make it returnable?? I am so disappointed and am telling myself I might not use it messenger-style anyway, but feel like I'll always know that it should be able to be worn that way and that I can't. It was $70 instead of $140....do I complain or just work with it?

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

nfowife
03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Kristen, you shoul call David back and tell him the strap is missing. I bet they will send you one!

flightf
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
If they won't send you one I know that you can buy one from fleurville. Here is the link to the web page. It is 27.00 which is still a great buy for a perfect Sling tote.

http://www.fleurville.com/products/accessories.html

HTH
Feather

pampamz
03-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Maggie -- thanks so much for the offer! If I can get my hands on a Gold Flower ST then I might just take you up on it. I'm a few hours west of Toronto so shipping is probably the best option.
I'll keep you posted, and thanks again for offering.

michellesmommy
04-09-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd complain. You paid $70 (still a lotof $) thinking maybe it would have a ink mark or somthing sewn wrong, but a strap missing. I'm sorry that is taking advantage of the customer. It's not like they have a robot packing the box. I can't believe someone would put a bag in a box missing an important component like a strap and think they aren't going to get a complaint. I'd call them asap and demand they fix the issue. If not did you pay by CC, I'd stop the charge.