PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Bag Questions

teagirl
03-19-2006, 10:11 AM
I currently have a black Duo, which I love because it straps so easily onto my stroller frame (a Graco Snugrider...DD is 6 months).

However, I think the main compartment is too small for long trips and airplane rides.

So, here are my questions:

1) Does the Dash hold more in the main compartment than the Duo does?
I realize that the Expo is an option, but I really wanted to get a Kelly Green bag and the Expo doesn't come in that color (only olive).

2) Do you think it would be redundant to have both a Dash (for shorter trips) and an Expo (which I could get in black, and just sell or give away my black Duo) for longer trips ?

2) So far, I've been able to leave the Duo on the stroller frame even when I fold it up b/c there is only one long handlebar, not 2 separate handles. However, soon we are going to start using the Maclaren Quest (Kate Spade version, hence wanting the Kelly green vs the olive) we bought, so will I still be able to fold up the Quest without taking the SkipHop bag off?

3) Is it really true that you cannot machine wash these Skip Hop bags and that you're supposed to spot clean them? If you can't machine wash them, I think I might be hesitant to get a lighter color (e.g. the adorable pink).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

nfowife
03-19-2006, 10:29 AM
1. Yes, IMO (having had both) the dash holds more. It is a wider bag, not as tall, but I think the top part of the duo is pretty much wasted space.

2. I don't think the expo is really necessary if you have the dash. You can keep the duo but I think the dash will hold just as much as the expo to be honest.

3. I don't think you would be able to do this because on the Quest (and other umbrella fold strollers) the handles fold up right next to each other so it would make the top of the bag fold inward towards each other. It might work on the duo since the very top is usually empty space but probably not on the dash since it's wider than the duo and will be more stuffed.

4. Not sure! But I have a pink duo and it hasn't gotten very dirty.

chubbycheeks
03-19-2006, 10:29 AM
I can only answer part of your question, so maybe others can chime in as well. I have had both the Duo and the Dash and IMO I think that the Dash has a lot more usable space then the Duo. I used the Duo for about six months before I bought the Dash. My complaints about the Duo were the lack of a really secure top closure (the velcro just did not seem like enough to me) and the fact that if you put much of anything in the handy top two pockets its near impossible to get into the main body of the bag! So I bought a Dash and I have to say that I love this bag! I love bags in general, and I have bought a bunch of others since getting the Dash and the Dash is my hands down favorite, the one I always reach for. It has a ton of pockets and the main compartment is much more usable and easier to access than the Duo. I have two kiddos in diapers (3YO who is almost PT and a 11 month old). I pack all that I need for them and me in the bag and use it as my everyday bag. I also CD, so that takes up a bit more room than sposies, but I BF, so other than carrying a water bottle for me and a sippy for DS I don't have to pack bottles. I think that it would make a great bag for one child for longer outings. HTH a little at least! Can you tell I like this bag?? :)

dhano923
03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Ship Hop bags are machine washable. Take off the shoulder strap and clip the stroller straps in so they don't flap around. Cold water, not too much detergent. Line dry. I've washed my Duo about 15-18 times with no problems (I have the Ice Blue so it tends to get dirty quickly).

amp
03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I've washed my Duo in the washer a few times and dried it without any harm coming to it. It still looks great!