PDA

View Full Version : Timi & Leslie -- how are these bags?

pampamz
03-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I am just discovering my Diaper Bag obsession and wanted a Fleurville ST but just came across the T&L. I couldn't get a pic of the inside of their bags on their website or IRL pics. Anyone have one of these (or had!) and has any suggestions? They have some cute fabrics...and I want a vinyl covered bag but nothing too huge. The ST is borderline too big for us...
Thanks!
Pam
DS 3.5yrs
DD 8mos
DH -- doesn't know my new obsession...

lvales
03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
I love my Timi & Leslie Large Bebe, but now that dd is older I'm finding I want a smaller bag for short trips. I had originally wanted a ST, and now I'm glad I got the T&L. It's not as big and bulky.

The interior of the bag has one large pocket across the back, a bottle pocket on one side and a pocket for the changing pad on the other (I used that to hold taller bottles - it's really just a loop of material rather than a true pocket). None of the pockets are insulated. The changing pad is pretty much useless, so I just stored a tall bottle in that "pocket".

The front of the interior has two pockets with elastic at the top - they are big enough to hold a checkbook wallet. I love the wristlet that comes with it - if I need to just run to the store and dd is staying at home, I just take my wristlet out of the bag and use it for a purse.

I've been able to get a ton of stuff in this bag, and it's held up great! I got it slightly used from the swap board. I wish they made a smaller messenger style bag - I don't like totes at all so the small bebe is out for me. I'm thinking about possible getting a Darling for my toddler bag, and I'll keep the T&L for long trips.

nfowife
03-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I have the large bebe and also had a ST. They are actually about the same size to be honest although the large bebe is way lighter. The small bebe is smaller but much less packable.

pampamz
03-22-2006, 01:19 PM
How does the T&L large BeBe compare to the LB Darling in size? If the T&L is similar in size to the ST then I think it is too big for my Zooper to handle... Is the Darling a little more in the way of downsizing (which is what I'm "supposed" to be doing!).

nfowife
03-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Yes, the darling is a bit smaller than the T&L. It is more square shaped.

pampamz
03-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the help. I know deep down I want a ST but maybe the Darling will satisfy me...Is the too ST huge?? I am in love with the Gold Flower print and can't find a print in the LB that I love.

nfowife
03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
The ST isn't huge, but it is very HEAVY. To me, it weighs a ton even when unpacked. I seriously got shoulder pain after carrying it and I am a light packer! I had 2 of them (at 2 different times, just wanted it to work so bad that I gave it a 2nd chance) and both times, it was just too heavy for me.

tmrbwilson1998
03-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Lexie Barnes will be out with new fabrics in April or May (I think maybe the date was pushed back to May?), and I think there will be some blue patterns! Having gone through the large Bebe and A7, which I find pretty similar to the T&L, the Darling is downsizing, though it is very stuffable, very lightweight, and is so functional. However, if you are having love issues with the prettiness of the ST or T&L, you may want to get that out of your system or you may not fully appreciate anything else! The LB Darling is just about a perfect bag for me (that and my Jujube!) but it does not satisfy my "pretty" need! F'ville will be coming out with a mini ST in April I believe - 25% smaller than the normal ST, so it might be a nice downsize for you! However, I am not sure when all the patterns will be available, but maybe they will carry the Gold Flower for you!

Good luck!
Tina