PDA

View Full Version : If not a PNP for overseas travel, then what for baby to sleep in??

gilliesgal
03-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi! going to Italy in 2 weeks. . . looking for an alternative to our PNP for 10 month DS to sleep in. Something easier to travel with. Anything out there that will work?

Thanks-
Kellie

AbbieF
03-25-2006, 02:39 PM
One step ahead has a few travel beds, but they wouldn't keep a baby contained and are recommended for ages 2 and up. However, they do have one (peapod travel bed)that looks like its more for outside, but if you read the customer review it sounds like they used it for travelling. Might be worth atleast looking at:
www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=427763&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=427763&change=117

Good Luck!

Abbie
Mom to 2 DD's
Maddie 04/04
Kate 01/06

keschy
03-28-2006, 10:14 PM
How about a mini co-sleeper? You can use it as a bassinet and it's good for up to 23 pounds.\\http://co-sleeper.babycatalog.com/co-sleepers/mini-co-sleepers/4111.html

nfowife
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
The mini cosleeper really isn't much smaller than a PNP. I don't think it would be a great choice for intl travel. I'd try the peapod bed or call ahead and see if your hotel has any resources to help you.

shilo
03-29-2006, 02:35 PM
hi,

i have the pea pod. we've used it on one trip so far. it is great in that it is fairly compact (it is a circular bag about 12-14 inch diameter i'd say and is about 6 inches deep. it fit in my large duffle easily. all the parts including the bed, pump and patch kit fit in the bag. it is basically like a little pup-tent, but without having to remove the tent poles - they are spring loaded so to speak, so you just twist it back on itself to fold (like one of those windshield sun covers for your car if you've ever seen one). overall, i am impressed with the quality and portability so far. i brought an extra crib sheet along and wrapped the little insert pad in that so it was familiar to ds. the only drawback i've experienced so far is the zippers. ds goes in his crib awake, but drowsy, so pulling the zippers closed once he was down startled him up immediately. since we were right next to him, i just left it open and put some pillows in front of the opening to make a little barrier. i think i am going to modify it with some velcro before we travel next time. i am sure once he's a bit older and we're putting him down totally awake, the zipper will be fine.

hope that helps,
lori

Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

carolines mommy
03-31-2006, 01:14 AM
How about the Phil and Ted's T2 Travel Cot? We bought one for travel (just got back from DC tonight actually and used it there) because it folds up very compactly and weighs only about 6 pounds. We'll get years of use out of it too as opposed to the Peapod bed that I was also considering.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby/86747/T2TravelCot.html

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

gcampbell72
04-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Does the T2 work for your toddler? Is it longer than a PNP?

Cathy

carolines mommy
04-06-2006, 04:17 AM
It seems longer but more narrow than a PNP. It works for my toddler still as she has room to stretch out lengthwise.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05