PDA

View Full Version : Travel bed for two year old?

Ohio_Mom
04-07-2006, 08:02 AM
We have a new baby who will be inheriting our Pack & Play for travel purposes, so now we're in the process of trying to figure out what to use for our two-year-old as a travel bed. We will need SOMETHING to use at our parents' houses, as they don't have an extra bed for our toddler to use, but I think she's still a big young for a sleeping bag, I think. After all, I still put her in a sleep sack because she gets tangled up in a real blanket if I use it for her, so I'm not ready to put her in a sleeping bag because I feel it's a suffocation risk. Any suggestions for toddler-safe travel beds?

TIA!!

nfowife
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
There is a junior aerobed or the "my first readybed" which is like a sleeping bag but has bolsters on the side and also inflates. Another option would be to buy a bare bones pack 'n play at walmart (they are about $30 but no bells and whistles just the playpen and mattress)or have your parents borrow one or get one off of craigslist if your DD is still sleeping well in one, it might be worth it for your peace of mind and it would contain her better also so she couldn't wander on her own.