PDA

View Full Version : Which bag would you choose?

JenSully
04-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Ok, I've been over and over these boards looking at bags . . . I want
a backpack style bag and would prefer one that is convertible to a
messanger - not required, though. I'll be packing for a 3 year old
and a newborn. I've sort of settled into these bags, but I'm not
sure. I need your expertise!

1. Bumble Madeline - pros: great patterns, easily cleanable, decent
price. cons: backpack only, not sure on inside organization, not sure
how DH will feel carrying a girlier bag LOL

2. Ju Ju Be Packabe - pros: great organization, cleanable, decent
price, convertible. cons: don't *love* any of the patterns and would
prefer not plain old black, read questionable reviews about the
straps (any input?)

3. PPB Velveteen - pros: lovely pattern, convertible, seems large
enough to pack for 2, have seen in person. cons: dry clean only,
little more pricey, not sure if it's too big or not.

HELP!?!?!? I would love your input on any of these bags. If you were
me, which one would you buy for 2. OR, is there anything that you
LOVE more than these that you recommend?

Jen

nfowife
04-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Personally I'd go with something that was more boxy as opposed to rectangular like the packabe, because it's kind of long to wear messenger style if that makes sense. Plus lots of people seem to have strap issues- they are not adjustable and even with the new slider things they are giving, they seem to still slip a lot. So the PPB would be good. Another option would be a timi and leslie large bebe. Those are vinyl covered- not sure how much you want that, or one of the new silver line fling convertible bags might be a good option as well, it's getting good reviews.

bailey336
04-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I like the Bumble Bags a lot, but you might also want to consider the new Pottery Barn Ultimate (i think its the ulitmate...you can see it on their webiste) which converts from a messanger to a backpack. Its very cute, durable..the only con is that the changing pad goes in the main part, which I thought was kind of annoying.
You also could look for a used Alpha 7 either on ebay or the yahoo diaper bag swap. There are often Alpha 7's for sale on there for reasonable prices.

JenSully
04-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the input so far, ladies!!!

I've seen the PBKs, but didn't get a chance to fiddle around with the backpack part since I was running short on time. I'd love to see a picture or go back to PBK. The only thing with those was that I don't love either of the color choices. Sigh.

Silverline Convertible just seems a little too boxy or square to me - and looks HUGE on the model on their website.

I've seen the Alpha 7s. I wish I could see what the inside looks like or see it on someone. It's hard now that it's been discontinued.

Anyone know anything about the Loom Bandicoots?

nfowife
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
You need to check out the babybags board! There are a few A7's for sale and maybe even a bandicoot or two, and definitely people who own them and would take/have pics for you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/babybags

Take care!

michellesmommy
04-09-2006, 04:13 PM
I love my Bumble Madeline. And I really pack it full. It hold a lot especially for it's size.My DH holds mine no problem. Maybe get a stripe or try the Jessica style. That hangs from the stroller too
I had a PPB and it just wasn't practical. Mine got snagged and out of shape within weeks of using. So not worth the price. I gave mine away.
JuJuBe- I have never had one, but have seen it in person and I agree the prints didn't really do it for me.
Good Luck.