PDA

View Full Version : What features are important in a shopping cart cover?

Melanie
04-11-2006, 02:25 AM
and any favorite brands?
Do any have a harness instead of just a lap belt? I had a cheesy one for Ds that had that harness that went over the shoulder, from BRU. Of course it didn't fit most carts.

I'm thinking with my active Dd, this might be a good feature.

nfowife
04-11-2006, 07:17 AM
I think a strap is a must, and I also like having a pillow, cupholder pocket, and toy loop. My DD likes to sit in it sideways with the pillow behind her at the moment!

jray
04-11-2006, 07:46 AM
I think a strap, storage pocket, pillow, and toy loop are VERY NECESSARY (as pp stated). I have the one from BRU, and it's okay...but when my newborn is old enough to use one, I'm getting a new one. I think a pillow is a great idea, especially when your little one is first learning to sit up. Then, it makes a great accessory for a nap. :)

Any recommendations??

clc053103
04-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Agree with PP's on features.

Mine is from Angelynrose.com (she's an ebay store) and I couldn't be happier- but it has a lap belt, not harness. you can loop the lap belt through the cart itself for security! I use it in high chairs too. People actually stop me and ask where I bought it all the time.

Also sewcuteboutique.com has practically the same thing- however, most have to be ordered, not in stock. If you have the time, this is a great option too. I bought around the holidays and there was a long wait time, so angelynrose was a great alternative.

I *think* that sewcuteboutique.com covers come with a bag- which I would have liked. the Angelynrose covers are supposed to fold into itself with the lap belt used as a shoulder strap, but it's easier said than done. I prefer to roll it up like a sleeping bag and use the strap to secure it closed.

nfowife
04-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I also have an angelyn rose one and love it! It's very cushy and there is a handy pocket in the front where I shove my keys and receipts (although DD recently discovered it and now she pulls it all out and plays with it, but it is a good feature! I lost the pillow somewhere and so I bought another small one in the Target $1 spot. Not a perfect match, but it will do! I don't even close mine, just bundle it up and throw it in the backseat.
SewCute isn't selling covers anymore.

dhano923
04-12-2006, 02:57 AM
I got a Floppyseat for DS from BRU, but this time I got a custom cover from Kozypal Kart Covers. She is a WAHM who will make a cover for you either from fabric on her site (she's got tons) or you can send her your own. Then you can customize it with pillows, extra pockets, leg flaps, etc. All the covers come with toy loops and a mommy pocket, which is a small pocket in front that can hold your cell phone, keys, etc.

I've only used my cover a couple times so far but I've already had a few people come up to me to ask where I got it from!

feierabend35
04-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I just ordered one from www.funkygiraffe.com.
Great customer service, lots of fabrics, free shipping... I'm so excited for it to arrive, probably tomorrow!

daniele_ut
04-14-2006, 09:56 PM
>SewCute isn't selling covers anymore.

Her website says that she is on Spring Break until 4/15. I don't think that she's stopped making them altogether.

I really love my Sew Cute Boutique cover. We get comments on it everywhere. DS is 18 months and I still use it all the time, but it was invaluable last spring and summer when he was just learning to sit up.

LiznSeb
04-15-2006, 10:23 PM
I have one from Buggy Bagg. It is nicely (but not excessively) padded, and has a pillow. There have been a maybe a time or two when my DD used the pillow and actually fell asleep in the cart, but that is really rare with her and I think the pillow probably isn't necessary. (that I am sure varies depending on DC). The padding and toy loops are nice and convenient. It has a zippered pocket in the back which is super-handy for my wallet and keys if I am just running in and don't have my diaper bag with me, also works well for coupons.

It sort of fold into itself and you then zip it up into a duffel-bag looking thing with handles. It is easy to arrange in the cart one-handed...which has been a very convenient feature. It was expensive in my opinion (around 45 I think), but has been handy and I continue to use it, DD is now 14 months.

Liz

hudsonam
04-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I also have one from KozyPal. It's really nice, and I got one for my sister-in-law too and she likes hers. Mine does not have a pillow, but it's so fluffy and soft that I don't miss it. My son will lean in his sometimes, and he's always nice and cushioned. Mine borders on small on the large carts, but it still fits. I may have shrunk it in the wash to be honest with you. HTH!

Melanie
04-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm usually nak so I can't respond all that well but I've been checking out the brands as you post them. I still haven't made up my mind yet!