PDA

View Full Version : Stork Sak Donna Mini Review and Pics

priscilla73
04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
I recently purchased the Stork Sak Donna diaper bag and wanted to share pictures and details about it. The bag is stuffed to the max from the manufacturer and when I first opened the box, I thought it was a tad larger than I am used to but when you factor in that it has integrated bottle holders, that's why it may seem larger than say, a Lexie Barnes Darling.

It has been described to me as having a "Coach/Kate Spade" feel and
look. I love both of those brands and I have to agree. The Satin Nylon material looks, feels and screams quality. It has an understated look and feel of luxury to me. It comes with a dust bag, for goodness sakes! LOL It's also trimmed with leather on the strap and around the base of the bag. Zippers are also cased in leather.

There are 2 deep zippered pockets on the front that you can store
thing like make up, wristlet, cell phone, etc. I have tried to
illustrate the depth with a pack of Wet Ones.

The main zipped opening is not too tight where you might feel like
you have to struggle to get things out of it. I've included a
comparison pic w/ the LB Darling opening for those familiar w/ the LB.

On each side of the interior wall are endless pockets! I am so
organized that I have this big empty cavity in the middle that I can
use for snacks, clothes, etc. It comes with a key clip and removable mirror which is pretty nifty, imo.

The side insulated bottle holders are large enough for a Playtex
sippy or water bottle. They have just enough padding that you could stash your sunglasses in one and it'll protect them from getting crushed, btw. If you find you are not needing to use those, they can be pushed aside so you'll have more room in the main compartment.

I've included a few (headless LOL!) shots of me wearing the bag
shoulder and messenger. I was too lazy to adjust the strap length
but included a pic of the buckle so you can see how easy it would be
if you were not lazy like me. LOL

Dimensions of this bag are H11" W15.5" D5.5". The strap adjusts to many lengths, can be worn on the shoulder or messenger.

I just ordered another Stork Sak Gigi from Michelle at http://www.mylittleducks.com/storksak.html and will be happy to share thoughts/pics as soon as I receive it.

See Pictures here: http://tinyurl.com/n4fqx

Oh, btw, just a little factoid that I think is cool...Brad Pitt carries the Stork Sak Jamie bag and Angelina the Gigi. I'm currently working on dh to get the Jamie bag. LOL :)

Priscilla

Slingin_Momma
04-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Priscilla-

Your pic linky didnt work :(

priscilla73
04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Argh! I had no idea...sorry about that...I think it's fixed now.

winterbaby
05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Gorgeous bag!!!
I'm looking into getting the Mia myself :)

sunlady
05-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Great bag! I have the Gigi in brown which I've been using for the past 2 months. It's very professional looking. I think you'll really like it. Stork sak has far better organization than any kate spade bag.

Kearstenn
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
I know this post was listed a few months ago...but I'm considering the Donna and Gigi. Does anyone have some more reviews they can add?

TIA!
Kear

suzhatch1
07-31-2006, 11:26 PM
I've had both & IME, the Gigi holds much more, and is lighter weight, however when fully packed it's a bit boxy. I love the Gigi for being so light & also for the 3 compartments that keep everything seperated & because the compartments open up so big and wide & everything is easy to get to. The only downfall I could see w/the Gigi is the satin nylon material (feels just like microfiber) seems like it could be hard to keep clean, especially in Some of the lighter colors. The other is that the interior organizer feature takes up a bit of space. And the bottle pocket is on the inside (so you have to unzip the main compartment to get at it).

The Donna (I actually have the Melanie) is shaped more like a structured hobo style purse and I don't think anyone has guessed it's a diaper bag in disguise. ;) It's heavier than the Gigi (more material, zippers, leather trim, etc), and the zippered opening to the main compartment doesn't open as wide, so that's a little bit of a pet peeve. I'm a sucker for those hidden bottle pockets w/the side zippers. They are at a perfect position to reach at for my cell phone or sippy cup, when DD is in a sling, so that's why I like the Melanie/Donna, even if there are a few things I'd change about it.

Suz :)

pearl12970
03-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Priscilla,

Could you please email the Stork Sak Donna Pics to [email protected] ? The link doesn't have the pictures anymore .

I am considering the StorkSak Donna in Black but would prefer to see someone wearing it befor I go buy one.

Would appreciate if you could pleae eail the " headless" pics :-) LOL

Thanks,
Pearl