PDA

View Full Version : Land's End backpack, One Step Ahead Backpack, or another option?

DAKnits
04-19-2006, 05:28 AM
I am looking for a big all day excursion backpack (I just bought the Jujube Packabe for everyday), and wanted to hear pros and cons of these bags ... or if you have another suggestion for a well organized backpack that can serve as my travel bag for an upcoming airplane trip with my 20 month old, I'd love it. I want to keep all her snacks, sippy cups/bottles, changing supplies, my stuff, TOYS and a DVD player in one bag so I don't have a million bags to deal with.

hudsonam
04-19-2006, 10:39 AM
My friend has the large One Step Ahead backpack as her all the time bag, and she loves it. It seems to have good organization and I like that it can be zippered completely open, so the front folds down all the way and you can easily access what's inside. And it's huge. I have an Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack which I got really cheap, for only $30 from www.campmor.com, and it's not great, but it's a nice big bag that holds a lot for travel. It has the black hole effect and it can be hard to get to stuff at the bottom. It made a great carry-on bag for me too when my husband and I took a trip without our son. :)

DAKnits
04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info! Does your friend have the Urban backpack, or the other version of the OSE (I can't think of the name of the other backpack)?

hudsonam
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
She has the Urban one. It looks like they've modernized the look a little, but the important stuff is the same. :)