PDA

View Full Version : ISO the perfect diaper bag (m)

funda62
04-19-2006, 06:40 AM
I already have several diaper bags but none are just right for short trips (say 3 hours or less).

I want something: cute, very organized, and less than $50.

I thought I wanted the LE backback, but I am so envious of all the really cute bags out there these days. A friend made me an adorable bag, but its huge. Great for long trips (like when I fly to the states), but impossible to lug to the grocery store.

Thanks!

hudsonam
04-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I love my Skip Hop Dash, but that may be bigger than what you're looking for. Maybe a Duo? How about a Lands' End Little Tripper? Or a Ju-Ju-Be Be Small? If you like Vera Bradley, I love my Carry All as a diaper bag, and the Spectator is a smaller version of that. And I think the Silverline Fling is a small, fairly inexpensive bag. HTH!

nfowife
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
My favorite short trip bags (which I use as my everday bags, because I don't generally go out for the entire day since I am pretty strict about being home for DD's naps):
-the new Fleurville mini-tote (more $$ than your budget, but very cute and well organized!)
-Land's End little tripper (great deal, but kind of plain)
-Silver Line Swagg (just ordered this but I can't wait to get it, and it converts to a backpack)
-Timi and Leslie small bebe tote bag
-timbuk2 metro mini messenger (don't have this but seriously considered it, although it doesn't have a ton of organization)
-oioi hobo (a little large, but great bag that is so nice looking- doesn't scream "diaper bag" at all)

For me, the dash and fling and duo even are just too big for everyday short-trip use.

hudsonam
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh yea, the Swagg is the one I was thinking of. :)

chubbycheeks
04-19-2006, 12:19 PM
How about the Lexie Barnes darling? I use this as my everyday bag and we are not usually out for that long. What do you need to pack? That may help with some ideas. . .

chubbycheeks
04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
opps, missed your price target. The Darling is out of your range unless you can maybe find one used. .

Marriedladytara
04-19-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the LE Little Tripper would be PERFECT for you! Very organized, compact, cheap, and I think it's adorable (though plain).

funda62
04-20-2006, 04:28 AM
4 diapers, change of clothes (newborn now), wallet, keys, and maybe a bottle of water.

funda62
04-20-2006, 08:07 AM
The swagg or the fling? The swagg looks almost too small, but I like the fact it can be worn as a backpack. Is the fling terribly big?

nfowife
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
I think the fling would be too big for your needs. I used to use my dash as an all-day newborn bag with a ton of stuff in it. I think the little tripper or the swagg would be a better bet for you. I have and love my little tripper and have a swagg on the way. I think the little tripper might have a tad more room but you could fit what you are listing in both no problem.

tina-t
04-20-2006, 03:17 PM
If you like totes, you can get one customized at ella-bags.com or at clutterbags.com.