PDA

View Full Version : Hanging diaper bags off stroller handles with carabiners

MNmomtobe
04-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I also posted this on the stroller board.

I know those silver hooks on Pegs are for hanging diaper bags and such but since they are plastic, I worry about them breaking off. I have the ability to stuff a bag like no other. I am also not planning on carrying a purse so the diaper bag will be HEAVY.
On the P3, these hooks are integrated into the device to close the stroller and (I think) the part that allows you to adjust the handlebars. I am wondering if anyone had an issue with the plastic thingys breaking off? TIA. I didn't know if this was a part that you could even purchase from Peg Perego if the warranty was expired.
Any thoughts? Would I be better off not using the carabiners at all and just using a diaper bag with stroller straps?

nfowife
04-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I think you could do either. I've never read or heard of anyone's breaking so I imagine it would have to be a lot of force for it to happen. I wouldn't worry about them breaking from your diaper bag, they should hold up fine :) .

MNmomtobe
04-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks Margaret! :)

Bearhut
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I used metal carbiners to hang my bags from my P3 handlebars and it worked great. I too never carry a purse so the bag is usually full. I never had a problem with the weight on the handlbars. The biggest problem I had was finding a place on the bags to attache the cariners.

The system worked great for me.

Hope this helps.

H