PDA

View Full Version : OK...I'm gonna do it

megs4413
04-21-2006, 03:22 PM
hello all! I am an admitted diaper bag dummy and I have finally decided that I'm gonna ask for a new, better diaper bag for Mother's Day. I originally didn't think I really needed to get a new one and spend the extra money to get a higher end bag, but I just can't stand my bag any more!!!! I know nothing so here's what my needs are and maybe some of you will have reccomendations:

-I am an overpacker so I need lots of space
-DD is 1yo and we're TTC so hopefully we'll be having #2 by DD's 2nd bday, so I'll need a bag that will work for 2
-I want somethign with a lot of different compartments and not just one huge compartment because I think it's easier to find if it's separated.
-I dont' care much about a changing pad
-Style isn't too important either, but I don't want anything that SCREAMS diaper bag
-I don't want to spend $100 so brand names don't matter
-I think I would like a messenger or sling because I currently have a tote and it's KILLING me...the strap always falls off my shoulder and I end up carrying it around my wrist.

Any ideas? What do you absolutely love?? TIA!!!!

hudsonam
04-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I LOVE my Skip Hop Dash, but I don't know if it would be big enough for you with a possible second baby coming along in the near future. How about the new Skip Hop Duo Double? It's brand new, so no one has experience with it yet, but it might be great for you. Otherwise, how about a Lands' End Do-It-All or a Timbuk2 messenger?

nfowife
04-21-2006, 03:29 PM
I would go with a dash or the silver line fling. Or if you don't think that will be large enough, how about a timi and leslie large bebe (convertible messenger/backpack) or a fleurville mothership or lexie barnes superstar? You can find those gently used at good prices over on babybags.

megs4413
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
What is babybags?

nfowife
04-21-2006, 06:54 PM
It's a group for moms who love diaper bags! It's like the bbb swap group, only just for diaper bags. Here's the addy:
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/babybags