PDA

View Full Version : For those who've used or seen the Timbuk2 Cargo Totes

Melanie
04-22-2006, 03:19 AM
Would the Large one make a good carry-on bag for an airline trip? Would it fit under the seat when stuffed to capacity? I would probably pack in it the extras (so also bringing a diaper bag). Extra day or two of clothing for Dc, extra diapers (cloth), extra snacks and toys. It would essentially be like an overnight bag (b/c I don't trust airlines not to lose my stuff) for both children.

TIA!

hudsonam
04-22-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't have a Timbuk2 Cargo Tote (although I want one ;) but the Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack makes a great, big travel/carry-on bag. It also makes a great carry-on just for mom or dad. I used it for myself on our last trip, and it was great. HTH!

bubbaray
04-22-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a Large I saw at REI last weekend and it would definitely not meet the carry on restrictions for Cdn airlines. I would check the dimensions of your airline's carry on baggage allowance, then check the dimensions on ebags or REI.

They are very well made bags.

Another choice would be the T2 Medium Messenger.

And, while it might not work for 2 in diapers, I recently used a LE DIA as my carryon with DD (she's 2, still in disposables). It was perfect, because I could keep it open under the seat in front of her and have easy access to toys, snacks, etc..

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

Melanie
04-23-2006, 12:26 AM
I have the LE DIA as well. That's a good idea as well. Though not as cute. ;-)

Thank Goodness, only one in diapers, but Ds' extra clothes are bigger. LOL.