PDA

View Full Version : Need diaper bag for 3 and 2 yr old

momofjandl
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I've been using the fleurville alpha 7 for quite some time. I always thought I loved it. Got used to things falling out I guess and never gave it a second thought.

We are taking a trip and a friend just lent me the Lands End Tailored Tote in canvas.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/ov/prod/0,1467,2_17273_17280_66732_141278_119521_9:view=-1,00.html?CM_MERCH=ALT_66732&sid=2481143705688142000

It has 3 compartments, seems to expand or contract to my needs, etc.

Both my boys are still in diapers. On a day to day basis I need to lug around diapers etc, change of clothes, a few books or toys, misc items, snacks and juice bottels. I've been carrying a seperate food bag.

So as you can see I was cramming a lot into the alpha 7.

I want a bag with zippers so nothing can fall out.
It needs to have compartments like the lands end.
I would love a tote with shoulder strap too if possible.
Big is ok, but not too big.
I want to try to use this as an everyday bag, so I only need to carry one bag.

I would buy the above lands end but was worried that the nylon would make it more bulky than the canvas. They don't carry the canvas anymore. Does anyone have the nylon?

I don't like the ll bean, thought I haven't seen it in person. I'm not a fan of pockets on the outside and it looks as though the inside is hard to get into and is just one compartment...from the look of the pict.

I also don't want to spend more than $50. I could for a great bag. But I don't think I want to.

Is this too much to expect? Should I just make my own bag. I can sew ok with a pattern.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,
Ruth

asmith130
04-28-2006, 06:22 AM
OK, it's not under $50 but have you considered the Fleurville Sling Tote? It has a zipper, good organization, tote handles and messenger strap and stroller attachments...you could get a EUC one from the yahoo babybags group possibly for a reduced price.

The other thing I thought of is a bag I saw yesterday at Target for 8.99! It was black and looked like a ST knockoff. Not much organization though.

The Dash is closer to $50 but doesn't have tote handles. It is a great bag for 2 in diapers! The organization is wonderful!

HTH some! Amy

MarieBunny
04-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I have the large tailored nylon Lands End tote. Be warned, it is huge!!! Much too big for my everyday needs (and most people's I imagine). I only use it for travel when I'm with my DH (so he can carry it). It is great as an extra carry on tote. It can fit tons of stuff, is very organized and comes with a huge changing pad. It doesn't have a shoulder strap which is annoying since you have to carry by the 2 handles. I don't think the nylon makes it any more bulky than a canvas bag would be.

If you like LE, maybe try the medium tailored tote also listed in LE Overstocks? I don't own this one but it does have compartments as well, and a shoulder strap. I have the Little Tripper by LE. Great bag but very small. Probably won't fit all your stuff.

I also owned the Alpha 7 but sold it because I found that I couldn't fit all my stuff in it easily, it was bulky as a backpack and the shoulder straps were uncomfortable.

I am now using a GR8X designer backpack diaper bag. I love the attached bottle holder and cell phone holder, but it doesn't have a zipper either and the magnetic snap pops open if bag is stuffed and I drop stuff out all the time. :(

I am thinking about the Ju Ju Be Packabe. It's expensive but it looks awesome and if I don't like it I am sure I can sell it on eBay and make most of my money back.

Good luck in your search!

nfowife
04-28-2006, 09:10 PM
A bag you might consider is the fanci-free tote bag (you can see them on ebags). I think there is one for sale on babybags right now. It has the 3 seperate compartments like you are looking for but no pockets outside. It is very lightweight nylon as well. But, it doesn't stand on it's own.