PDA

View Full Version : Which of these bags should I get?

hudsonam
04-25-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm obsessing over getting a new bag. I already have more than enough, but I seem to have developed a bag addiction lately. ;) I currently have a Vera Bradley Carry All and a Skip Hop Dash. I also have a big backpack bag, but that's just for long trips. Oh, and I have a cordury Duo, but I'm trying to get rid of it because it just doesn't work for me.

I'd like to get another bag, preferably no more than $50-ish. I tend to gravitate towards more practical bags. Bags that I can toss around and not worry about getting dirty. I've considered the LE Little Tripper, the Darling (a little more than I should be spending, and I don't love the old prints other than the poppy and that orange one, which I never see for sale), the Fleurville Mini Tote (also a little spendy for me), a Timbuk2 Cargo Tote or messenger... and that's all I can think of right now. I've thought about getting another Dash too, in Kelly Green, but I don't want to spend much on a bag I already have, so I'm hoping someone will have an EUC one for sale some time. I've also thought about getting another Carry All, especially since they are going to retire that style soon, but I'm waiting to see if there are any deals on them down the road. I had a Sling Tote once that I re-sold right away because it was too big for my needs.

What bag should I get next and why? Again, not too spendy. What's a bag I should have in my collection just because it's a great bag, even if I don't need it? TIA!

nfowife
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
I would try the LE LT. Don't get it monogrammed and if you don't love it you can return it to Sears. It really is a great bag at an AWESOME price. Really!! I have a bunch of $$ bags and it is one I keep coming back to because I just love all the features of it. And Land's End has great CS- I just had to return mine because some of the stitching was coming loose on one of the pockets (and I didn't even buy it new, I got it on babybags), and they gave me a new one and I even got to pick a different color!

hudsonam
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks Margaret! What about the Swagg? Would you recommend the LT over the Swagg?

nfowife
04-25-2006, 01:52 PM
They are different. The LT can fit more than the swagg, because it's simply bigger although not as organized/compartmental as the swagg. Plus they have different looks- I think unless you got a black swagg, the LT will undoubtedly look newer for longer if you aren't careful, because it's that backpacky cordura material. Plus it's mostly black so the dirt doesn't show. It's also more casual looking. Here's a pic of the LE LT, swagg, and mini tote side by side:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33161.jpg

I like them both, and since I feel like the LT is a step up size-wise, I will still use it when I need to pack more than the swagg can hold or when I am wearing something that matches it. I am actually thinking of returning my LT for a different color just because now I have the mini tote for when I wear green (the LT is one I just got and haven't yet used). Also, you can always try the LE LT first, since you can return it to Sears free and it is so cheap, and if it doesn't meet your needs then you can try the more $$ swagg or see if you can get one for a discount on babybags. Just another thought.

bubbaray
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
LE LT. All moms should have one!

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]